Send Topic Print
Pets (Read 3969 times)
caormiston
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Pets
06/13/11 at 11:20:03

Pets.

I'm having an off day today.  Probably too much gardening yesterday and not the right food this morning.  Anyway,  my big dog, Betsy, (Border Collie/Collie) has been right up against my side all day today.  She accomponies me everywhere I go, sits on my feet if I sit down and puts her head in my lap.  She is being a perfect pal.  Pets and their unconditional love - great, aren't they?!

Candace

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Re: Pets
Reply #1 - 06/13/11 at 18:09:34

Yes, when you have a pet like that one!!  We had two dogs, Grommit and Cookie.  Grommit was a lover - he love my son, his master and he loved me and he would just look at us with his big black eyes and you could feel the adoration oozing out of him, but his sister!  Well, she'd drive you nuts for all the demands for attention she'd make on you!  She never relaxes.  Well, Grommit left us about a year ago and it was pretty hard on my son who is 13 for that was his best buddy all his life.  But now that Cookie's on her own, she's finally turning into an old lady and beginning to settle down a bit and she's becoming more bearable now that she gets all the attention she wants.  

But I have to say, Candace, it's hard a times cause Grommit was such a sweet old guy and so laid back and easy going and Cookie just isn't.  She's the watch dog and always on the go doing her job and hard to relax when you'd like her to.  So, I think it all depends on the pet.

Donīt forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

caormiston
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Pets
Reply #2 - 06/14/11 at 09:56:33

Lisa,

You're right - it depends on the pet.  Betsy is about 13 yrs, so she has mellowed alot.  Sounds like Grommit was a real love.
Funny that you have a dog named Cookie who used to drive you nuts, we had a dog named Cookie that drove us nuts too!!  I will say that Cookie knew when to show her best self though.  When I received word that my Mom died at a very young age, Cookie was all over me in my distress.  She was just sort of plastered against me all the time.  Funny little creatures, aren't they!  
Enjoy your Cookie!

Candace

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print