Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Question RE: Blood work (Read 1468 times)
kimtg68
Guru

Alabama
Question RE: Blood work
06/09/11 at 04:12:35

Recently, while being investigated for lymphoma (which has been ruled out) the oncologist ordered a panel of blood work I had not had done before. Although she said nothing was screaming out lymphoma I noticed some high's and low's and wondered if they could point toward Mast Cell or not. Results showed a high ALT (mine was 65 and normal is <32), barely a high LDH (mine was 254 normal is 94-250) and lastly a low IGG (mine was 597 normal is 700-1600). Any thoughts? The CT scan with contrast that goes along with this blood work reported the following: Densely calcified aorticopulmonary window node identified of no consequence and small nodes are seen in the axillary region bilaterally. No mass or inflammatory change is noted. (But my armpits are swollen and hurt as well as my groin area) Hmmm. Thoughts?

Kim

IP Logged

Riverwn
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

Gainesville, Florida
Re: Question Blood work
Reply #1 - 06/10/11 at 11:11:43

The CAT scan report is about lymph nodes that are swelling in your body.  I KNOW how bad it can feel under your arms.  It happens sometimes in masto and it can also mean youre fighting off infection and your body reacts to it. Im sorry its painful. I hope it goes away soon for you.  

The low IGG has to do with antibodies in your immune system. There are subtypes that would give your doctor more information on exactly what is going on.

Heather and Jilli understand this better and can explain it it more Smiley
Hugs
Ramona

~~~Count  Your Blessings!~~~

IP Logged

kimtg68
Guru

Alabama
Reply #2 - 06/11/11 at 12:48:02

Thanks Ramona. Hope your having a good day!

IP Logged

Starflower
FORUM ADVISOR

Not a medical doctor
Indiana
Reply #3 - 06/14/11 at 00:29:50

Hi Kim,

ALT is a liver enzyme.  Were your other enzymes and/or bilirubin also elevated?  If not, that's a good sign!  Livers are really amazing... they can take a LOT of stress before they get to a point where they can't recover.  Having just one elevated liver enzyme is not a big deal.  When I started this journey my alkaline phosphatase was elevated, but now that I'm doing better it's always in the normal range.  In fact, all of my enzyme levels went down and are now pretty low.

If you do have a mast cell disorder (and that's looking pretty likely) this finding... as well as the elevated cholesterol... could easily be related.  But... it's not going to help you get a diagnosis.  There are just too many possible causes.

Heather

We're all in this thing together
Walkin' the line between faith and fear
This life don't last forever
When you cry I taste the salt in your tears
(Old Crow Medicine Show)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print