Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
E-reader or book? (Read 6207 times)
DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
E-reader or book?
05/30/11 at 04:05:39

So how many of you have e-readers (Kindle, Sony reader, Nook, iPad) and how many of you prefer to read from a book instead of an e-reader?

I have always favored reading from an actual book, UNTIL I got my Kindle. I am now totally in love with my Kindle, especially the ease of buying and downloading a new book in a matter of seconds. I will be heading to Hilton Head this summer, and my Kindle will come in very handy on the trip!

So, what is YOUR preference?

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: E-reader or book?
Reply #1 - 05/30/11 at 05:20:11

Ms. Deb...I am of the old school...want to hold my stuff in my hand..I want to turn the pages and read read my newspaper the same way..
redbird

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Reply #2 - 05/30/11 at 05:31:56

Me too!!  I prefer to sit there and hold it and put it down and pick it back up without being stuck at my chair or to have to feel something hard or cold in my hands.   I love the feel of paper and turning it.  So many senses to be pleased beyond just the love of reading!!!

Lisa

Donīt forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Reply #3 - 05/30/11 at 16:34:54

Although I'm a lover of print books, my husband bought me an ipad for my birthday.  I'm sure it will be wonderful for taking books travelling without the "volume" in the luggage.

Joan

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #4 - 05/31/11 at 00:48:03

Joan, my husband loves his iPad for reading books! By the way, when was your birthday? Mine is next Monday!

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Reply #5 - 06/03/11 at 03:58:11

Now, and Ipad....that would be tempting!!!   Will I ever get there?   Somehow I doubt it - I'm too much of a tight wad me thinks!!!!!   Smiley

Donīt forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Reply #6 - 06/03/11 at 19:54:18

Happy Birthday, Debbie!!!! Cheesy Grin Cheesy  Wink Smiley Grin Cheesy Wink Smiley  The Tea Party must be soon!  Hope it's so much fun!

Mine was at the end of April, but ipads are back-ordered.  I just got mine two weeks ago!

Joan

IP Logged

Enko
Guiding Light

Reply #7 - 10/29/11 at 09:05:42

I use both Smiley Both have advantages and disadvantages. I love the feeling of the paper under my fingers too, but sometimes it's too hard for me to carry a lot of books around so I upload it on my iPhone. For me - it's 50-50 Smiley

你会说汉语吗?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print