Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Hunger Games (Read 4537 times)
DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
The Hunger Games
05/30/11 at 04:00:27

Well, my almost 13 yr old daughter wants to read the latest "must read" book, The Hunger Games. Has anyone read it? I told her that I needed to read part of it first to make sure that it is not disturbing for her age. So, I downloaded it to my Kindle, and started reading it.

I must say that I really like it! I am only in the beginning, but it is very compelling in that you don't want to put it down. Too bad I have too many things to accomplish today or I would sit and read it all day! Cheesy

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Re: The Hunger Games
Reply #1 - 06/06/11 at 15:37:01

I've been reading the Mrs. Jefferies murder mystery series myself - great fun!!!
Smiley

Donīt forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Reply #2 - 06/06/11 at 17:24:10

I haven't read that one, but here's a book for your 13 year old son, if he hasn't already read it.  You might want to read it first, too, to make sure it isn't too intense for him, but it's also very funny.  The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie.  He spoke at the library here last year and is a remarkable person.

I've been reading a few books by the Dalai Lama lately.  We went to hear him speak a few weeks ago.  His talk was about what we can do to help achieve peace in the world.  One thing he said was that people should study other people's religions until they learn to respect them.  Am learning a lot!

Joan

Joan

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Reply #3 - 06/07/11 at 12:10:41

Has anybody ever read the Mrs. Pollyfax spy novels?   It's about a widow who at the ripe age of about 60 or so decides after her husband's death that she's going to follow her childhood dream of becoming a SPY!!

Great fun!!!!!!!!    I heartily recommend them for they are seriously written but they are light hearted and fun!!   They even made a movie from one of them, but the books are much, much better!

Donīt forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print