Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
high eosinophils (Read 2766 times)
Godsgal
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

high eosinophils
05/03/11 at 04:20:47

SO.....I just requested my supposedly "normal" labwork from my doctor's office and I saw that my eosinophils were high....1179 and the range is 15-500.  
My lymphocytes were 764, low, supposed to be over 850.  

Does anyone on here know what to make of this???  

I think they found some eosinophils in my skin biopsy as well.

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Re: high eosinophils
Reply #1 - 05/04/11 at 11:53:13

Eosinophilia is a well known situation with masto patients.   What it all means, I don't know, however.   I'm only beginning to study into this end of masto now.  sorry!

Lisa

Don´t forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

Starflower
FORUM ADVISOR

Not a medical doctor
Indiana
Reply #2 - 05/04/11 at 14:27:14

Here's a thread you should check out on Churg-Strauss syndrome:

http://mastcelldisorders.wallack.us/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1299504669

This may or may not be your problem, but it's definitely something worth trying to rule in/out.

Heather

We're all in this thing together
Walkin' the line between faith and fear
This life don't last forever
When you cry I taste the salt in your tears
(Old Crow Medicine Show)

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Reply #3 - 05/04/11 at 22:47:29

Some general info from Medline (NIH):

Eosinophils are a type of white blood cell. They contain particles filled with chemicals that fight off infections and play a role in your body’s immune response. Normally your blood doesn’t have a large number of eosinophils. Your body may produce more of them in response to allergic disorders, inflammation of the skin, and parasitic infections. They can also increase in response to some infections or to some bone marrow disorders. In some conditions, the eosinophils can move outside the bloodstream and into organs and tissues. Treatment of the problem depends on the cause.

Joan

IP Logged

Sandi
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - 06/25/11 at 13:25:58

They will test you for parasites probably which will be neg. But it's the first check, severe allergies also will give you elevated eosinophills, I have high often also. Getting triggers out of your diet if there are many can lower them. Also they can lower on their own if it was taken while you were in a flare. Then eosinophillia, eosinophillic esophogitis are others to look into. From what Dr Miner was explaning a mast cell patient can teeter todder between eosinophill related flares and mast cell flares. I'm not quoting very legit right now. I was able to lower mine bigtime by getting off of a lot of foods.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print