HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My Favorate Author (Read 5951 times)
Josie
Ex Member

My Favorate Author
04/11/11 at 09:15:02

My fave author is Ben Elton   he has written a number of novels and plays . I have read every book , especially the ones that have become films Wink
I am loving the Narnia films as I ahve read the books myself and to my children . The scenes in the first film were exactly as I had imagined  them .
I am a sucker for a rom com , but hate horror . it not the gore factor , im a nurse , its because I watched friday the 13th , when I was too young Wink

Jose

IP Logged

cjoy
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!
Nebraska, USA
Re: My Favorate Author
Reply #1 - 04/16/11 at 17:32:31

Too many good ones to choose just one...Jodi Picoult, Barbara Kingsolver, Pat Conroy, Kathryn Stockett, Jeannette Walls, John Irving...etc.

If you haven't read it yet, The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls is really amazing.  I'd love to hear your thoughts about it.  My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult is an enlightening read for anyone dealing with illness or trying to parent ill children.  Lots to think about.  Enjoy!   Smiley

Now is the moment of opportunity ~ Choose Joy!

IP Logged

Josie
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/16/11 at 23:57:18

Hiya Wink

I will give those a try Wink I love reading , but haven't for a while Wink
I will let you know how I go

Jose

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #3 - 04/19/11 at 01:55:19

So, what type books do you guys like? Book club types, espionage, thrillers, mysteries? Just curious. I like them all...except for book club books.

Some of my favorite authors (along the lines of espionage thrillers):

David Morrell
Barry Eisler
Lee Child

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

Josie
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/19/11 at 05:32:27

I like a mix of books . Autobiographys , girlie novels requiring very little brain power on foggy days . I love poetry , my brother is a poet , so have dabbled myself . I am working through the classics , as I didn't read enough before . I am reading pride and prejudice at the moment .
en't read many thrillers . I don't know why really . I am a no horror girl , so maybe I worry that I will get scared ?!

Seems silly when my gross out level is seriously high xxxxxxxxxxxx

hugs
Jose

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - 04/19/11 at 08:48:09

I had posted on the old line a new author John Hart and he has written 3 books..the last one entitled ...The Last Child is the best book I have ever read..
this past week I read Kristin Hannah new book  Night Road and if you do read this..have a full box of kleenex handy
I do agree with Deb in regard to my favorite kind of books and I also like Lee Child
redbird
the word writer

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #6 - 10/29/11 at 07:28:21

back to tell you about another SUPER BOOK...again by John Hart..I am so impressed as he is new to writing..
BUT HERE IS HIS LASTEST

The Iron House
by John Hart

Please pick up this book for reading
redbird
the word writer

IP Logged

Jennifer R.
Tutor

I am not a mushroom!
McAlester, OK
Reply #7 - 12/02/11 at 18:09:57

I like stuff with a scifi bent especially when real science is mixed in. My favorite is The Black Cloud by Sir Hoyle(a real life astrophysicist) but when my brain is tired I go for fantasy scifi like Anne Mccaffery's Christal Singers series which I found to be a refreshing change from her usual dragon stuff and she also wrote the Freedom series which I highly recommend. It's been a while since I read those so I may do it all over, on a sad note she just died last week.  I'm trying to remember a couple other really good books one was about a human literally reborn as a flying whale like alien, it's a really out there book but well written and I found it because I was going to the library so much that one of the librarians who also likes out there scifi got to know my taste and would recommend stuff, can't beat a good relationship with your librarian :p

IP Logged

iamnotalone
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #8 - 05/06/12 at 13:06:41

Hi all;
I love to read, & my tastes seem to change from time to time as to the genre of books I gravitate toward. Our veteinarian got to talking recently, & she recommended a book called "CLEAN" by dr. Alejandro Yunger. He's a cardiologist/internist who has taken
an Eye Opening look at our environment, how it affects us, & benefits of integrated medicines, etc. I could not put it down & started the first few chapters last nite. The man makes sense !!!
let me know if you read it Smiley
lori

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print