Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Shock City (Read 9906 times)
jbean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Shock City
Reply #15 - 04/13/11 at 14:49:20

Thanks all of you, you are all so sweet, each and every one of you.

Yes, stressed bad.  My poor mamma has delrium now and was admitted back again to the hospital with kidney problems.  I am trying to get her hospitalized where I work, as we are a big medical center with lots of resources.  She's not stable enought to travel though.

I wanted to go get her, as my family doesn't agree with me, but I am afraid to drive up there (five hour drive).  I am afraid I will shock out.  I feel really torn about it, but I know that I could only add to our problems if I started shocking all over the place.

And in between all of this mess I have a job inteview Friday.  I did get a new haircut though, so maybe with some makeup and antihistamines, I can pull it off.

And for now at work, I'm helping with the bone marrow transplants on the mice!

My life is just so weird!!!!

Anyway, my allergist here had me trying a new dose of Allegra.  He said I could go up to the 180 mg.  We are working it up slowly, 30 mg more each night.  I am at 120 tonight, and it makes my legs feel weak and I have weird twitches.  Ever get that with Allegra?  Wondering if I have to get used to it. I am finishing up my prednisone today.

I have a kit coming in the mail from Mayo for the 24 hr U collection, so maybe I can catch what mediator is up and causing problems.  Seems like I am going to the bathroom a lot.

This is my usual flare up presentation.  The weird part was the burning skin, like I was dipped in acid, during the attack.  Does anybody else get that?  Got all red too, major flush.  Those are new for me.

Tryptase has been stable for seven years, always around 20.  I did catch a sample after the attack, so we'll see what that reads when we get the test results back.

Keep praying for me gang, I'm whipped out this time!

Love you all
-Jilly

IP Logged

Josie
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 04/14/11 at 21:54:22

Hi Jilly ,

I hope things continue to get better . One thing I read was the prednislone is nearly gone . I would urge caution there whilst you have so much on sweetie . Before my meds were in any way adequate , i was on steriods for management . In a reactive situation I stayed on the same dose if i didn't need ED . If I did , It would be increased to 40mg for a week and taper down very slowly . l

This is not a perfect long term solution , but steriods work in the short term Wink

Regards delerium and renal infections . It is a common occurrence in any patient with renal infections . especially so if they are older . Another factor may be constipation . She will also be on decant pain relief and that affects any ones brain . The antibiotics will work and she will have less pain and be more herself . I hope they are looking after her well sweets . I will answer any questions I can . Last year I found myself unable to travel when my dad was ill . I knew I would shock if I did . I was already reactive as well . I had to stay put . It was horrible . But it was the right thing for me at that time as me shocking on top of everything else would have made my dad worry and him sicker ;-(

I am so pleased you have a job interview , relieving that stress will help you a good amount Wink

Id be sat outside ED if I was in the situation you are just now . Stress is my biggest trigger . In one particularly stressful time I managed 4 attendances in a month . hey had a gurney with my name on !!!!!!!!!   . Be vigilant for early signs as I know when i am stressed and tired I can pass of early signs as just tiredness Wink have you got any signs of infection ?

I am a great believer that non reaction is truly idiopathic , there is always a trigger Wink

many many hugs
Jose

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Reply #17 - 04/16/11 at 11:19:09

Hi Jilly,

I have to give you my opinion on something that I've just experienced the last 3 1/2 years, and that's having a mast cell disorder and taking care of an aging, unwell parent.  It might be easier on you if she were nearby, and it might be better for her, but this is NOT the time.  If she could speak for herself, she'd say to take care of yourself first, and then try to help her.  You can still try to convince your relatives to move her nearby to you, but as for going to get her, it's waaayyy too dangerous right now.

If you think about it..... sick Momma, job interview/change, mast cell disease flaring (probably in large part from stress)!  This is the "Perfect Storm" building, and you've already had a pretty big flare up.

I would say to check with your doctor and ask what to do about the Allegra.  It may be that you can't tolerate it.  If you do take more, don't do it at night, unless you have someone in house to help if you get into trouble with it.  The burning and weakness sound like either part of anaphylaxis or neurological.  I'd guess a reaction to the Allegra.  Have you looked up rare side effects?  

Can't remember if you've tried Vistaril?  It's a precursor drug to Zyrtec, but stronger (and sedating so you can take it at night if you're not reacting to it).

Another possibility is to ask your doc about a short burst of prednisone to cool off your system.  I also find a little lorazepam for stress helps my masto flaring a lot!

Joan

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #18 - 04/18/11 at 01:17:54

Hi Jill,

You mentioned that your mom is in delirium. What do you mean my that? Do you mean that she is elderly and showing signs of dementia or that she is having temporary confusion caused my a medical condition?

If it is dementia, let me know because my 89 yr old dad started dementia and we were able to back him out of it to an extent with some very good meds designed for that. Now he is much more normal - not like my old dad, but able to totally function just fine and even study and do the stock market!

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

Riverwn
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

Gainesville, Florida
Reply #19 - 05/09/11 at 12:39:51

Hey Jilli,
Just wondering how you are doing, and what the test results were??
Love ya
Ramona

~~~Count  Your Blessings!~~~

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print