Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pacific Northwest Regional Mast Cell Disorders Meeting April 29 - 30, 2011 (Read 6728 times)
AmiAnn
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

Pacific Northwest Regional Mast Cell Disorders Meeting April 29 - 30, 2011
04/02/11 at 19:26:34

Hi Everyone,
Not sure if everyone on the west coast knows about this meeting.
The Mastocytosis Society, Inc is sponsoring it.  It will be held at the Courtyard Marriott Hotel, Bellevue, Washington.  
Theoharis C. Theoharides, Ph.D., M.D. and Steven Overman, M.D., MPH
will be the Special Guests.  Educational and Discussin sessions on mast cell disorders.  I am so excited to finally meet some people that have what I have.  If anyone lives close enough, please oh please come and join us.  This is what we have been asking for, support!  For more information, contact Lisa Sterling. Her email is lisawsterling@gmail.com or 425-290-2999.  She can forward you the fliers and line-up.  Sounds really fun.  Party night on Saturday, kid friendly.. yay!
Hope to meet some of you!
Ami   Wink

IP Logged

missybean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!
Washington
Re: Pacific Northwest Regional Mast Cell Disorders Meeting April 29 - 30, 2011
Reply #1 - 04/10/11 at 18:42:06

I'm so excited!
Melissa

IP Logged

caormiston
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 05/01/11 at 17:11:44

I was fortunate enough to attend this meeting and found it very informative.  Really enjoyed meeting so many other Masto people and hearing what they had to say as well as the great doctors and all their information.  I'm amazed at how much all of you know (and how much I don't know)!

We had to miss the Saturday evening shindig, but were able to see all the fantastic auction items.  All I can say is WOW!  I wonder who is going to enjoy the apartment in France!?!?

It was great to finally meet many of you on this forum, I only wish we had more time to visit.

Be well,

Candace

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Reply #3 - 05/02/11 at 02:52:49

Hi Candace!!

How great you could attend it.  Did you take notes for us sweety?   Others from the forum here went to it?   I'M JEALOUS!    

It's been a while since you were here!  I hope you're doing okay!!

Hugs

Lisa

Donīt forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

AmiAnn
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - 05/03/11 at 06:47:14

It was a very eye opening event.  I was a little overwhelmed just being with other people like me.  Especially hard to see the adorable little ones with spots wondering if they feel like the adults masto patients.  It was an odd feeling of belonging.  Does that make sense? But awesome!
HATS OFF TO LISA STERLING!!!!
What an amazing talent and passion for this cause, and a super sweet and loving person to boot!  Thank you for all you do and the people who help you!
I feel like this meeting was the pioneer.  Thanks for the goodies and booking such knowledgeable doctors.  I only wish everyone with a mast cell disorder could hear all of what we got to hear.  I did see some video taping going on, so hopefully that will be able to reach some.  
At the end of Saturday night was when I wish we had another day to talk more people, share more stories and learn what everyone does for their symptoms.
Can't wait til PNW Regional Mast Cell Disorders ll.
With much appreciation,
Ami

IP Logged

missybean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!
Washington
Reply #5 - 05/06/11 at 07:00:54

The meeting was really great. Dr Theo is soooo nice. He gave me hope. It was really hard Ami to see all those little babies with their spots, ......sniff,sniff Sad  It was nice to meet you. It was so nice to just be able to be face to face with someone who understands. I was really overcome with emotion when I left, I didn't think I would but I was.
I really like the video they showed from last years conference, the one with Dr Miner, he was funny. I'm going to have to buy the dvd.

Lisa Sterling......wow, I don't know what to say, she did such a good job, and she was such a sweet heart.
Ami, since we all live so close we should try to get together in the next few months. I was amazed at how many people at the meeting where from the Seattle area. Maybe we could meet at a local park or the beach and have a family picnic day or something.
Melissa

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print