Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
More good news! (Read 8584 times)
Josie
Ex Member

Re: More good news!
Reply #15 - 03/26/11 at 12:05:07

Hi Joan ,

Thank you Smiley i have doubled my ranitidine and I spoke to my GP thursday . He has doubled my Hydoxizine to 25mg twice a day . This is helping . I have not flushed the last 2 evenings .

He wants the immunologists decision , which is the 31st of may . i want to get there sooner , but I am waiting on recordings of my 911 calls (999 here ) and paramedic paperwork as it conclusely proves my anaphylaxis . Untill they have this they are not doing any more . Even my new rash didn't prompt my GP to push things forward .

When the stuff arives I will hassle the secetery , with the intention of a closer appoint ment . I will also email him a copy so he is aware of my risk level ;-(

So I need to get to then .

Do you have any ideas ? As I need to reduce my triggers as much as possible . I am on the low histamine diet and have no sulphites in my meds or wash products .

Thank you Wink
Josie

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Re: More good news!
Reply #16 - 03/26/11 at 18:36:53

Hi Josie,  Glad your doctor is trying to help you get under control.  Ask him/her what the largest safe dosages are of what you're prescribed.  It's much higher than you might think.  Can't remember if you take Ketotifen or gastrocrom.

Stress can be a key factor, so do what you can to lower your stress level.  Resting can help stabilize things, too, so take a nap or rest during the day if there's an opportunity.  Some people find prayer or meditation relieves stress.  There are no right or wrong ways here.  If you have something that makes you feel more calm and relaxed, do it.  If writing and reading on the forum raises your anxiety level, stay off for a day or two.

Can't remember whether you were in the conversation about fragrances.  Eliminating those from all personal, bath, laundry, cleaning, and hair products can make a big difference in symptoms.  Later, when you are diagnosed and feeling stable you can test to see whether you can tolerate any natural scents.  The artificial ones, like they put into all sorts of products, give off VOC's (volatile organic compounds) that can cause flushing reactions, fainting, seizures and more, and not only in people with mast cell diseases.

You might want to check your house for indoor allergens that might act as triggers for you.  That would include looking for signs of mold, such as in the bathroom tub and shower or on the ceiling, in the kitchen or laundry area, around windows, etc.  If there have been roof leaks, that can cause mold problem.  If there is a dirt basement or crawlspace under the house, it should be covered with plastic sheeting.  It's spring, so if you react to any pollens, it might be best to stay indoors before 10:00 a.m. and after 6:00 p.m., when pollen counts are highest.

If you have pollen allergies, they can cross-react with foods, for example, some people react to melons during the ragweed season.  Also, some foods can be triggers without being true allergies.  If you keep a daily food diary along with your daily level of symptoms, you might be able to make a connection.  Some low histamine foods could be a trigger for you.  Highly acidic foods might be a problem.

If you have dust allergies, you will want to put allergy barrier encasings on your pillows, mattress, and box springs and wear a dust mask when dusting or vacuuming your house.

Remember, sometimes it's just not possible to know what causes a flare of symptoms, and all we can do is increase meds until they go away.

You're on a good track toward getting a true diagnosis.  Hope it comes soon.

Joan

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print