Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
More meds? (Read 1837 times)
missybean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!
Washington
More meds?
03/07/11 at 07:21:30

Okay, somebody cheer me up because I'm starting get really upset! Just a couple days ago I was feeling fine, happy I finally got my diagnoses. Now the past 2 days I have been itching like crazy, which isn't making sence because I'm doing so well with my diet, eating low histamine foods, no leftovers. This morning I got up and I have a ton of more spots on back and now two bigger ones behind my knees. One would think that my tmep isn't being controlled well enough and I need more meds. Do I need more meds, or are they not going to make a difference, it's just going to keep progressing and progressing till it's everywhere! The heartburn I had yesterday was so intense, took benadryl 3 times, it didn't help 300mg zantac twice a day and I still have heartburn! Whats going on? I had a thought maybe it's garlic, I eat garlic almost everyday. So today no garlic.
Melissa

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Re: More meds?
Reply #1 - 03/07/11 at 08:09:19

Well, for me garlic puts me into shock. Not joking. Each of us is different, though. There are going to be many more things than just the foods on the low histamine diet. You have to figure out what else bothers you. For example, I have to avoid most spices. Also, there could be other factors. Anything in your bedroom? Is it dusty? Have you had a weather change? Any aromas around?  These are all things to watch for, as it could be anything. You just need to find the triggers.

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

Starflower
FORUM ADVISOR

Not a medical doctor
Indiana
Reply #2 - 03/07/11 at 09:30:59

I would also add hormonal changes to that list of suspects.  My symptoms are worse around ovulation because of the spike in estrogen.  The bottom line is.... sometimes it's not about food.  

I'm sorry that your spots are still spreading, Melissa!

Heather

We're all in this thing together
Walkin' the line between faith and fear
This life don't last forever
When you cry I taste the salt in your tears
(Old Crow Medicine Show)

IP Logged

missybean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!
Washington
Reply #3 - 03/07/11 at 11:38:04

I'm ending my period. I wonder if that has anything to do with it. The weird thing is the same time everyday, I experience most of my symptoms. Between 3pm to 6pm. I haven't been able to figure it out, I don't feel stressed, the baby is down for a nap during part of it I know my husbands going to be home and I have more help with the little ones. Is there certain times a the day when histamine is at it's highest? I have really tried to control my enviroment, carpet-gone. Got an air purifier in the bedroom. No air fresheners, perfumes. It just sucks you know, I thought I had my triggers figured out over a year ago. Guess not. It just sucks because as I 'm trying to figure it out the spots keep coming and coming.
Melissa

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print