Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Low histamine diet (Read 5235 times)
missybean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!
Washington
Low histamine diet
03/03/11 at 16:24:53

So, I have been really at good staying away from my food triggers and I was looking at the low histamine diet and I'm wondering for all you out there does eating leftovers really make that much of a difference? I know I can freeze left overs but reheating the next day wondering how will it taste does it being frozen affect the texture of certain foods, are there certain dishes that don't freeze and reheat well? I'm not to thrilled about this diet but if it makes a difference in my symptoms I will do it. I always make extra at dinner so I can eat it for lunch the next day, and I make soups and chilli's like at least once a week to eat off of. Thinking thats probably not going to fly anymore. I was just wondering if some of you could share your experience with the low histamine diet, did you notice a big difference? Do you freeze your leftovers and eat them the next day? Do they taste ok?
Melissa

IP Logged

Riverwn
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

Gainesville, Florida
Re: Low histamine diet
Reply #1 - 03/03/11 at 16:30:21

I would say YES to all of the above.. It does change taste but I will go into shock with a leftover sitting growing histamines... I have before and never knew why (til later).. so yes, I eat NO leftovers unless I freeze them and I wont marinade my meats either, unless youe talking about 5 or 10 minutes only. With me, I just cant take that chance.
hugs
me

~~~Count  Your Blessings!~~~

IP Logged

Kate:
Tutor

Reply #2 - 07/21/11 at 01:48:23

I am going for my first mast cell appt in a couple of weeks and will hopefully have all of the testing done.  Is it okay to go ahead and start the low histamine diet, or will it alter my test results?  I was thinking of starting it tomorrow, but then thought maybe I better wait until after I get the testing done.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Kate

IP Logged

Riverwn
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

Gainesville, Florida
Reply #3 - 07/21/11 at 16:48:02

Hi Kate!!
Yes start now on the diet, it cant hurt to try . The sooner the better. Plus dont ever let a DR tell you to go off your meds or diet for testing... be safe
hugs
Ramona

~~~Count  Your Blessings!~~~

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print