Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  YaBB is sponsored by XIMinc!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Basic muffin recipe, no corn, dairy, egg, wheat, soy, etc. (Read 5763 times)
Sandi
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Basic muffin recipe, no corn, dairy, egg, wheat, soy, etc.
02/22/11 at 17:17:08

Basic Muffin Mix ( 12 muffins)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees              20 minutish baketime

All of my recipes I mostly use bob's red mill flours, sprouts, wild oats, etc will carry them

2 tsp arrowroot (heaping)
1 1/4 cup garbanzo flour
2/3 cup white rice flour (or brown if you tolerate it, i do not)
1/2 cup sugar (whatever you tolerate)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder ( see my recipe for corn free version)
3/4 tsp sea salt
3/4 cup rice milk ( i only tolerate Pacific Foods, plain the others use a minute amt of barley
                           to process but it bugs me! I think you could use water, juice, etc!)
1/3 cup grapeseed oil (olive or whatever you tolerate)
1 cup of your "fixins" I'll get into varieties
1 tsp vanilla if you have one you can tolerate, fine without also

Mix dry ingredients, add moist , mix then add in your add ins, scoop into your muffin tins, oiled or papered to your tolerance! I use an ice cream scoop for each muffin, they come out perfect size, it will vary depending upon your add in's how many you make. 10-12 usual outcome
VARIETIEY IDEAS

Pumpkin- 1 cup pumpkin, 1 tsp cinnamon, would love nutmeg but can't have, also weirdly I tolerate libbys brand 100 percent pumpkin better than "organic" brands. Maybe it's cooked or something?
Zucunni- 1 cup zucunni, and the vanilla if you tolerate Delish and my most tolerated
Blueberry-1 cup frozen blueberries, you can add 1 tsp lemon, neilson massey makes one with no seed or nut oil, the alcohol cooks off. I'm on the fence if I can use it currently.
Apple Cinnamon-  1 cup finely diced apples ( helps to cook better for oral allergy issues) and 1 tsp cinnamon if you can do it, nutmeg would be lovely along with ginger but not for me....
Raspberry Choc Chip- Ok you are about to fall off the wagon and walk into starbucks and order something you cannot have, now I will bring out the frozen raspberries and Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips, feel the amount out, 1 cup of frozen raspberries and couple handfuls of your chocolate chips.
There are tons of versions you could come up with depending upon your intolerances
Cranberry/ Orange( the orange would be an extract with no oils, suprisingly ocean spray cranberries have nothing added to them but sugar, a lot of the health food stores have sunflower/safflower oil. I can't do the orange but when I tried it was lovely! Cranberry by self was a bit of a downer!

REMEMBER THESE ARE NON CHEMICAL MUFFINS, GET THEM IN THE FRIDGE ONCE COOLED, I'VE REALLY COME ACCUSTOMED TO EATING THEM COLD, YOU CAN ALSO FREEZE OF COURSE FOR LATER USE!

IP Logged

missybean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!
Washington
Re: Basic muffin recipe, no corn, dairy, egg, wheat, soy, etc.
Reply #1 - 03/05/11 at 07:14:57

Yummers Sandi! Have you tried baking with coconut oil yet? It's fabulous! The aroma, and it's makes stuff so moist.
I have this fudge I make out of it. Sunbutter fudge....I can't have peanut butter anymore Sad . Oh, dang you can't have sunflower seeds huh?
Melissa

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print