Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  We've upgraded to YaBB 2!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Granola, Basic granola for gastrointestinally distressed peeps (Read 3387 times)
Sandi
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Granola, Basic granola for gastrointestinally distressed peeps
02/22/11 at 17:13:44

Gluten Free Oats ( I don't tolerate Bobs, but I do tolerate Laras Oats by Creamhill Estates, I order off of Amazon.com no one in my town has them, my backup is the McCans Irish Oats)

Oven at 375 degrees ( preheat)

4 Cups Oats
8 TBS Maple Syrup
8 TBS Grapeseed Oil ( I don't tolerate grapes but do tolerate grapeseed oil) Use your tolerated oil

Mix it all together, let it sit for 20 minutes, mixing in the bowl occasionally just to redistribute, the oats will soak it up quite a bit.  Oil a large baking sheet mine is 12 1/2 X 17 1/2, it's a bit big for the recipe so smaller is OK, After the 20 minutes of soak is done pour the mixture out onto your baking sheet and distribute evenly, It does not need to be perfectly "filled" holes are great, will give you a little browning. Bake 20 minutes and immediately remove from the oven and use a metal spatchula to scrape it off the bottom of the pan, scrape every area and just re scatter on your pan,  you still let it cool on the pan you just have to seperate it from the pan or it will remain stuck! My oven has become moody so mine can be ready anywhere from 16 minutes to 20, the oats will just begin to become golden. When you pull it out you swear it's not ready it looks chewy and gooey and it is, once you scrape it up and let it cool, it will be perfect granola. Which is able to travel with you on the go! Enjoy and of couse you can add things if you tolerate them. This is it for me, and a great bland thing for those of you really messed up right now!

Oh and I'm sure most of you don't but don't use non stick/ silicone  pans! I can't believe we are doing this to ourselves, I swear its leaching poison into our foods! I'd rather wash the dish!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print