Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  YaBB is sponsored by XIMinc!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rare Disease Day, Feb 28th, please read and see Masto VIDEO (Read 4388 times)
Riverwn
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

Gainesville, Florida
Rare Disease Day, Feb 28th, please read and see Masto VIDEO
02/21/11 at 01:13:18

Rare Disease Day is Feb 28th ONE week away! This is extremely important for us. Not every state recognizes it--check your state. This is NORDS anniversary and most rare disease orgs are gathering online at youtube, see beloww;

"National Organization for Rare Disorders, Inc. (NORD) Show Your Strength. Share Your Story. Use a camera, phone, web cam or other video device and then submit it here http://bit.ly/h6GyoO and Alnylam will donate $10 for every video submitted to help support educational programs for all rare disease"

L Sterling at TMS did a wonderful video, already up on youtube. I highly recommend it. PLEASE take a look. Other rare diseases ill be promoting their cause too, lets make sure mast cell patients and families are not forgotton.

See that video here

~~~Count  Your Blessings!~~~

IP Logged

In2butterflyz
Tutor

Re: Rare Disease Day, Feb 28th, please read and see Masto VIDEO
Reply #1 - 02/21/11 at 15:16:55

Thanks for sharing this video Ramona!     Smiley

By the way I am happy that you are feeling good enough to get back on here and post again!    Wink

Take Care,
Tracey

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #2 - 02/22/11 at 00:55:31

Good video, but sad that it excludes all of us who have mast cell disease, but not masto. For example, I can't put that on my facebook wall, because everyone will think I have a disease, masto, which I do not. It's too bad that it excluded so many of us.

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

In2butterflyz
Tutor

Reply #3 - 02/22/11 at 04:18:51

I totally agree with you Deb, as a shocker I did feel a bit excluded.   Angry

Maybe the TMS needs to hear some constructive criticism about their video!

Take Care,
Tracey

IP Logged

kenna
Rookie

Tread Lightly. Breathe
Consciously.
Gulf Shores, Alabama
Reply #4 - 04/25/11 at 05:33:05

I partly agree with you, Deborah & Tracy. But a bigger part does not. Our complex illness with all of its various symptoms & manifestations is defined by an enormous amount of information. If each version of this disease was put into one video would make for a lengthy video with far too much information for rookies to make sense of.
I commend the author  Smileyfor capturing and conveying what they are likely most familiar with.
It would be fabulous if there were several versions to match up with each of our types. Or even a template to go by to make our personal version with maybe an opening statement that covers all then states the types then leaves the rest for us to fill in.
I don't know. I'm just glad to see a great format for offering the info to those around us who need more understanding and plan to use this as a template for myself & possibly others with "my" type...
So there  Tongue... (I just wanted to use the smiley sticking out his tongue for something. I really meant have a fantastically great and productive good feelin' day all!)

kennadevere  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print