Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Does Yoga, Tai Chi, or Meditation Help You Feel Better? (Read 3852 times)
jbean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Does Yoga, Tai Chi, or Meditation Help You Feel Better?
02/12/11 at 10:50:52

So today I got a yoga DVD from my favorite teacher, to do at home.  I am going to try to do it three days a week if I can.

I am interested to hear from other people who do yoga, and am wondering if your practice has been helpful to you in lessening the severity of your symptoms? It is supposed to be good for stress and good for you physiologically.  I would like to hear from anyone who has tried it, and let me know if if helped you.  

I would also like to hear from anyone who does Tai Chi or meditation.  I am a wholistic sort of person, so I am combatting things from all sides.  How has the more calming practices affected you?  Has it been helpful?

I like to do yoga, and when I am behaving and working at it, I also do some medidation.  I do more Christian medidation (prayers) which has been helpful to me as well.  I would like to hear what others have tried, including listening to calming music, etc.  

What works for you, what does not?

Thanks! Smiley

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Re: Does Yoga, Tai Chi, or Meditation Help You Feel Better?
Reply #1 - 02/12/11 at 15:20:19

Love, love, love yoga!  It helps me physically and mentally.  When I'm hurting, I can often do yoga and feel better.  (When it doesn't work, I take meds!)  I think it's been a constant in my life that I can always turn to when I'm not doing well, and it helps.

I've also done Tai Chi, and I liked it, but yoga is just a perfect fit for me.

Joan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print