Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ERROR IN EMERGENCY PROTOCOL PACKET!!!!! (Read 7495 times)
Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
ERROR IN EMERGENCY PROTOCOL PACKET!!!!!
02/05/11 at 11:19:26

There's an error in the TMS Emergency Protocol Packet regarding safe vs. unsafe muscle relaxants!!  It is critical to correct this in your packet, especially if you might need surgery.

On Page 19, the text that discusses the safe muscle relaxants is correct.  On the chart that follows on page 22, the drugs are reversed!!!  So, please make this change if you have a packet!  Your life could depend on it!!!

Joan

IP Logged

Sandi
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: ERROR IN EMERGENCY PROTOCOL PACKET!!!!!
Reply #1 - 02/06/11 at 15:49:27

Thank You Joan!

IP Logged

Riverwn
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

Gainesville, Florida
Reply #2 - 02/17/11 at 02:50:05

Joan is the best Smiley

~~~Count  Your Blessings!~~~

IP Logged

Sweet Tea
Rookie

Never ever ever give up

Charlotte, NC
Reply #3 - 06/24/12 at 13:15:27

Has this been updated on the document yet or is it still the original version?

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Reply #4 - 06/24/12 at 15:19:39

I know the one on the TMS website is updated, and I think the one here was posted after the correction.  Sorry, I don't have time to look right now.  The chart and text should say the same thing.

Joan

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Reply #5 - 07/23/12 at 00:46:23

Sweet Tea, if you look at the REMA protocols that we have listed here, these are the correct protocols.  I received them from Dr. Escribano so they have not been transcribed.  He does have an updated and even superior version of these on the web.   I helped him with the translation of this version and in my opinion it's superior to anything else out there!!  It has gotten me safely through my open heart surgery and as long as the doctors follow these guidelines and also respect the work that Nancy Gould and Gigi Parks did on guidelines as to anesthesia and surgery, togehter these documents will get you through pretty much any kind of medical procedure.

Here's the link to the REMA Protocols - it's a PDF file and you can download it for yourself and send that file on to your doctors.  I would also recommend that you begin meeting with some anesthesiologists.  This is something that nobody speaks about and we mistakenly think that the person in a surgery who calls the shots is the surgeon where in truth it's the anesthesiologist!   He is who tells the doctor to begin or to stop and what is going on with the patient.  He's the one who is in constant "communication" with the patient even though the patient may be totally out due to the meds, the anesthesiologist is still who is constantly monitoring him and knows what is happening.

So, for your safety's sake, it's good to have a couple of anesthesiologists updated and aware of your illness so that should an emergency arise (God Forbid!) they are prepared for you.

This is why it's good to also have a copy of this article in the glove compartment of your car.

Lisa

Don´t forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #6 - 07/23/12 at 07:48:15

Lisa, where is the link? It is not in your post.

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Reply #7 - 07/24/12 at 07:31:41

I didn't bother to post it cause it's in the section for the emergency protocols.   But to make it easier, here is the link:  http://mastcelldisorders.wallack.us/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1293571751/3#3

Lisa

Don´t forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print