Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Coping in the Cold! (Read 2491 times)
jbean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Coping in the Cold!
02/02/11 at 14:25:16

Any tips for not triggering in the cold... besides moving to a warmer climate?  My furnace isn't working right, and I have to wait for the parts to come in as they are on order.

I keep getting nauseated when I am home, and I think it is because I am too chilly.... a CHILLY JILLY!  I am under tons of blankets, space heater going, the works, but still not quite right.  Got the Cuddleduds, the hot water bottle, etc.

Whats to be done Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Tess
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Coping in the Cold!
Reply #1 - 02/05/11 at 09:08:22

Can you get a down comforter?  They can be expensive but well worth it and some are machine washable.

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #2 - 02/05/11 at 14:10:15

Jill,

Tell me you have heat now? Is your landlord out of his mind to make you wait to have the furnace fixed? CRAZY!

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

Sandi
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - 02/06/11 at 16:18:23

Jill, Put a warm fuzzy hat on your lil head too! you lose a lot of heat out of the top of your head! Hot drinks, even hot water to sip,,, I hope this is fixed ASAP. Let the repair company know you have a medical condition

IP Logged

jbean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - 02/09/11 at 14:34:27

They told me the part is on order, so the furnace KIND OF works.  I have a space heater too.

You see, they wanted to raise my rent for a second time this year, and when I said WAIT A MINUTE, I've lived here for four years, then they agreed to keep it the same.  But now, they are too cheap to actually FIX the furnce properly, so my heat bills are going through the roof.  I am stuck here in a lease until the end of March.

We are having  a HUGE cold spell here right now, supposed to be wind chills tomorrow of -10. Lips Sealed  I emailed the manger today about this problem and got NO response.

Time to call the city building inspector... maybe that will do some good.  By LAW, the heat has to be 65 minimum.  Let me tell you people, my computer is in my bedroom, and sometimes, it is only 61 in here, that's why I don't write so much anymore!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print