Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Mast Cell disorder or Severe Histaminosis/Histamine Intolerance (Read 16201 times)
Kim
Guiding Light

Rapid City SD
Re: Mast Cell disorder or Severe Histaminosis/Histamine Intolerance
Reply #15 - 02/05/11 at 21:16:49

I am curious.  We are in the process or already have ruled out almost all other causes for Brieann's issues.  Should I push Brie's Dr.'s to check for DAO disorder? Could her issues be just from a Histamine disorder vs. MCAD.  I have not done much research into HIT and she really doesn't seem to have a lot of food triggers (but maybe a few that I have detected at a slight level).  For those of you who have followed Brie's story I would appreciate any input into this.

Thank You!  Kim

IP Logged

Starflower
FORUM ADVISOR

Not a medical doctor
Indiana
Re: Mast Cell disorder or Severe Histaminosis/Histamine Intolerance
Reply #16 - 02/06/11 at 01:51:46

Hi Kim,

Metabolic disorders are real, the problem is... you can't always fix them.  I think (and honestly, I'm not sure) that you can overcome a DAO deficiency with the low-histamine diet.  Two questions you want to ask yourself before testing...

1. Will this tell us something we don't already know?  (Do we need this piece of information?)

2. How would the result affect her treatment plan?

These are good questions for any kind of testing, keeping in mind that people have different levels of curiosity, desperation, etc...  A few of my tests have been just for peace of mind.  That's OK too as long as you can afford it.

Heather

We're all in this thing together
Walkin' the line between faith and fear
This life don't last forever
When you cry I taste the salt in your tears
(Old Crow Medicine Show)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print