Send Topic Print
no flushing (Read 5563 times)
jenwic
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!
southern Ohio
no flushing
01/30/11 at 00:41:54

Do you have to have flushing to have MCAD?  I have many of the other symptoms but hardly ever flush.

IP Logged

Starflower
FORUM ADVISOR

Not a medical doctor
Indiana
Re: no flushing
Reply #1 - 01/30/11 at 01:15:21

Definitely not... there's no "key" symptom that defines MCAD.  Some people have more skin involvement than others.  

Heather

We're all in this thing together
Walkin' the line between faith and fear
This life don't last forever
When you cry I taste the salt in your tears
(Old Crow Medicine Show)

IP Logged

MarciaB
Guiding Light

Life is Good on MC meds!

Reply #2 - 11/02/12 at 08:10:14

Thanks. I don't flush either.

CFS,FM,Celiac,Ataxia,Dysautonomia,Paget's,Seizures,PelvicPain,Hyperinsulinemia ...Responding to Wahls diet, supps and MC meds.. kow ...    

IP Logged

MarciaB
Guiding Light

Life is Good on MC meds!

Reply #3 - 11/20/12 at 12:23:48

I may have to take this back. I was standing in line today and started feeling like I might faint. I have orthostatic intolerance  and decided it might help if I  kept my blood moving  by standing in one foot then the other.  
The people in line loved this .. Grin  I was feeling too bad to explain.

Then I noticed that both of my hands had turned red.  I'm not sure how long it was there because it was my turn at the counter soon afterwards.
But I only felt bad for about 10 minutes.

This only caught my attention because I recognized it as flushing.  Prior to learning what this was, I wouldn't have paid any attention to it.  

On a side note, I was googling hand flushing tonight and ran into a website on anxiety where they were trying to convince the reader not to feel anxious about hand flushing. It just reminded me of how clueless people are about all this.

CFS,FM,Celiac,Ataxia,Dysautonomia,Paget's,Seizures,PelvicPain,Hyperinsulinemia ...Responding to Wahls diet, supps and MC meds.. kow ...    

IP Logged

TallBird
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - 11/30/12 at 05:32:42

I rarely flush but do get a burning sensation on my face from certain foods, especially on the right side.  I have MCAS.

TallBird

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print