Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 
Send Topic Print
redbird's blog and stories (Read 251247 times)
redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: redbird's blog and stories
Reply #975 - 07/06/16 at 04:34:11

A GOOD DAY TO EACH OF YOU!!!!

Coloring is the topic of today and it may get long and boring..so if you want to pop out…that is ok….
Mastocytosis + stress + anaphylaxis  = EMERGENCY ROOM
Mastocytosis + coloring – stress - anaphylaxis = life

Yes I am telling you that coloring has saved my life…we won’t go back to the attack you all read about that…and it made me take a good look at my whatever life I had…
NOW…
For my birthday I received a couple of coloring books…my friend Olive sent me one as a joke..(we have laughed about this)…and my niece sent me one just because she liked me.. so after the attack sitting in my “watchin chair” one day I picked one up and thumbed thru it and thought..think I might try it…as you see I was so struggling with my mornings even after attack…I would get on the brink of another attack and we could not figure out why that happened each morning…
So I picked up a colored pencil and started just in a small place…and then it just seem to catch me up and away I went coloring….
The more I colored the better I begin to feel ….each morning when that feeling was trying to take over…I would get to my chair and color..
So as time passed it got better… each day I spent lots of time…just coloring…
NOW….
Since coloring became my thing..lots of new things made their way to my coloring box…I discovered gel pens…that I love love love… one night while laying in bed reviewing my coloring day…I was thinking about this…now when you make a mark with your gel pen…girl you are
COMMITTED…if you put a purple next to green…you have it for all times..so suddenly I had a
“brain alert” ( one of those why did you not think of this before)..of course…you have a printer that makes copies…just make a copy of the picture you are working on and if you want to see how colors look next to each other..use the copy…CHEAT SHEET…and so I did…
NOW…
I love to color flowers…and no matter how many coloring books you get…pictures of flowers are limited…so another “brain alert” …I will just make extra copies of the flowers on my copier and that solved some of that problem
NOW….
Son says..mom what are you going to do with all of these pictures you have colored…and hummm…thinking I said…you know how much Mary enjoyed that I sent her a color picture of flowers..I think that I will use them to let people know that someone is thinking of them…but who to send them to…you know how much I love my library people…well there is this one little lady that is a bit snippy…but in conversation my last visit I learned that she had moved in with her parents to care for them…her mom was 88 and dad was 91…and things were going fine until younger brother who likes to nip at the bottle LOTS…moved in with them and the problems that created…oh gosh I would be snippy as well…so came home and started her a flower picture…as she is a brave and noble person who might just need a lift…it goes in the mail to her this week…and as I looked around I saw others that I know or even not know well that might need a color flowers picture…seems lots of people are struggling with SOMETHING…now on receiving them some will say….strange lady sent me picture??....but that is ok I will have done my part..
So most morning you will find me in my watching chair…coloring..hoping to make someone elses day a little brighter…and saving my own life….
YES I AM SURE THAT COLORING HAS SAVED MY LIFE…if you are having problems I urge you to give it a try…you will be glad you did…

Redbird
The word writer Cheesy

“getting old is not for wimps”

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #976 - 07/12/16 at 15:45:45

Oh how I just adore your writing and your stories and basically just you! Smiley If I ever need a pick me up or a smile on my face, Redbird, I know that all I need to do is check in here and see what you have written. It's pure brilliance.

Now in regard to coloring, you are so right about that! Plus you have hit upon the latest craze with all the lovely adult coloring books everywhere. I'm so glad that you shared this tip, and how wonderful people will feel when they open that envelope and see that you were thinking of them by sending them one of your colored flowers!

Keep writing, my friend!

Deborah

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #977 - 07/19/16 at 04:42:12

HELLO TO ALL….
My friend Mary told me that I could bring you up to date on her latest…she now has completed 3 rounds of chemo…and she lost lots of stuff….
First went her hair…but being Mary she took herself down to her beauty shop and told them to shave her head…and they did..
Now Mary decided that she really did not want to wear a wig so she found for herself some little hats…she came by after church to show me her latest hairdo and I loved her church going hat…it just fit her style…she informed me that she had several in different colors…HURRAH FOR MARY!!

Next went some pounds…yup the scales said 6 lbs…she was not surprised by that as her undies had suddenly become loose..now she is thinking that is ok as she has some extra

Then she lost her taste…coffee taste right out the window…and she was sure that hubby Ron had made her sandwich out of cardboard…quoting her here….HOWEVER last evening she called me so excited…she had butterscotch pudding and she tasted ever last bite…so she ate it tiny little bites at a time..now we both tried to figure out what could be in that ….that enabled her to taste it and so enjoy it…I suggested that she buy up a big supply

So I am still trying to bring some little “something” to her life…remember I colored her pictures for her first treatment..and talking to her later she told me she had a color book but things were to “little” for her to use so I rummaged thru my stack of color books and found one with big pictures..so I fixed it up with a note and son drove me over to leave it in her mail box for returning home..and she liked it..got out her pens and started coloring a picture…

So now we are coming up to the next treatment..and I am wracking my brain for something to do…this is what I am going to do…I am going to make her a badge…a badge for courage…I found a pattern for a sheriff badge and I looked thru the school supplies that are out and found a heavy pink  stuff..and will have this in her mail box for next time…
OK now her last treatment for this part will be the end of August…got it covered…going to fix a “party bag”…bright colored bag..with one of those party blow out things..and a handful of chocolate  kisses..
If any of you have suggestion please let me know..I can use all the help I can get to try to make Mary know that someone cares…
Of course you could also include her on your positive/prayer list as well

Redbird
The word writer Cheesy

« Last Edit: 07/19/16 at 06:22:56 by redbird »  

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #978 - 07/19/16 at 08:24:28

Ms Debbie…thank you so much for your words…it makes my heart feel warm and fuzzy…in fact when any of you readers would like to post  a note  on the blog
it would be good and I would appreciate it…
Since I don’t get out much anymore…it sometimes get lonely… my eyesight is going away faster that I like but it seems that is just going to happen..
So if I can make someone’s world a little better with my words…good…

redbird  Smiley

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #979 - 08/29/16 at 07:30:22

Well I am just going to get to it…plain and simple…it is hotter than hell where I live.  How hot is hell…don’t know for sure they say it is bad like really bad…but at my house it is hot…rain has been around us but it is like we are sitting in a box…and all four sides and we are just in the center saying….here we are…but guessing mom nature has on her shades…promises promises promises from the weather man..cold front on the way..will believe that when it happens
So moving on….SINCE I have written the above we have had some very  nice cooler weather and with my fan on and the window open I have SLEPT UNDER A QUILT…I LOVE IT!!!

Have you seen that commercial about the toilet paper that has no cardboard center…it is pretty interesting…however I am wondering how the arts and craft people are feeling about that…you know those people who can take a stick and make it something…I am sure they have dozens of things they make out of that cardboard center…they may put a stop to this right away..we may find petition signings going on at the side of the road and the mall and all sorts of little corners..BAN THE NEW TOILET PAPER….sign here to put it on the November ballot..
And do you remember a few years ago…that you could buy four rolls of toilet paper for 25 cents…and then along came colored paper and scented paper …well I am not sure what side I am on yet…thinking…

Another thing that I am wondering about…when you put your underwear on wrong side out..do the seams show under your clothes…guess I need to be more careful..

And another thing …I sure am getting vexed with all those people who snigger and some laugh right out loud…when they see you talking to yourself…we have talked about this before…it is OK..you know you could say to one of those laughing…my friend whom I am speaking with think you are  really rude…that should get their attention right away…

And another thing…you know when you sit down for that little break…with a cup of coffee or glass of milk or tea…you get the picture.. and you might also have in the other hand..a cookie or cracker or just something to go along with it…and sip and nip…sip and nip ..and finally you are down to the very end and you nip and there is no sip left …and you just need that little final sip to make it all perfect…no matter how careful you are…with the sipping…the last drop just does not work out..go figure

Now my friend Mary …that lives across the pasture..remember she has cancer…well last Monday she got her “party bag” for the last treatment of that kind of chemo…I had put M&M inside the little glitter bag with blowing whistles etc…and she thought it was fun…she called me while crunching just to let me know she could taste them and they were great….now this second round of meds she will be going once a week…and knowing I could not keep up with a “something” once a week…I decided to make her a little hanging  calendar for the months of Sept, Oct, Nov and last one Dec…so I found a pretty left over Christmas card from who knows when…and I will hang each month on a little yarn thing from it and she can clip it off when she has finished that month…she is really doing good…a few little hiccups but over all…good

Now my coloring is going full blast…as you know I am doing adult coloring for a couple of reasons…first for my health..and then to bring a little something to others who might need a smile or giggle or just a surprise in the mail…yes I mail out my coloring to people who might need any the above..now some think that it is strange but I have received more “thank you” than pictures being mailed back..now how many go to the trash bin I don’t know and really that is not important..it makes me feel good and hopefully the other person…Now I am aware that the pictures are not perfect…remember that I only have a little vision in one eye…I am 82 and shake…however son says I do not shake while coloring…so if you know someone who fits this …you can email me their name and address at coloring@pldi.net and I will get a picture out right away…

So many people have been helpful with my project…I have gotten really neat pens in the mail along with color books…and I can tell you that I use them lovingly …thanks to you and you know who you are…

The back yard and Birdville has been super busy…the crows have returned and do they have son trained…they will sit out in the tree or on the ground and loudly demand something be brought to them..and it does…the many young birds that just came this spring have began to get their feathers and colors…AND we have 3 really young squirrels boy their tails are going to have to hurry with the bushy or they are going to be a cold little one this winter in there nest..
I am sure that I am leaving out something..but will P.S. if the brain lets me know

Redbird
The word writer Cheesy

IP Logged

CindyP
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #980 - 09/04/16 at 07:35:53

You made me laugh, Redbird!  My husband and I used to take regular road trips and always snacked in the car.  He would tease me about how I liked to eat my peanut butter crackers.  A cracker and a sip, a cracker and a sip....  Now I can tell him it's not just me!

Thanks for the musings!

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #981 - 09/18/16 at 03:46:59

CHRISTMAS CAME EARLY TO THE FARM…..
And this is how the story goes…
Recently I decided to sit in my nest…you remember the building of my nest …my really big chair in the living room…just when you needed a break from stress or a nap or just something…you could crawl in the nest and just do nothing…
Now I had not been in the nest for awhile…as you know the “watchin chair” has held my attention …coloring and checking out Birdville..but I just needed to sit awhile in the nest
Now since the weather heat has finally been on a down slide the drapes were drawn to let in some on the sunlit and as I sat there I looked around and said …OMG… piles of dust were everywhere…like in really OMG….so I set my mind as to what needed to be done…
Next morning I was up and put on my heavy work socks…and moved in the heavy equipment..several of those dusters with handles …several cans of whatever..and dust rags..and anything else I could find to help with the process….
So I thought I would start with polishing the coffee table…I don’t know why people have these things..they just stick out  in the floor in the way..you have to walk around them and crunch your legs up if you sit on the couch..but I have one so this is a good place to start..now crunching up legs to reach and puffing some of the polish on the table and we are off…things looking pretty good and then I look down….and there is a mouse…a real mouse..not a toy a real mouse…laying right there by my shoe…ohohoh I am up and going quickly to the bedroom for son to come and handle this…but son is asleep and I don’t want to wake him…so I tell myself to be brave…the mouse is dead…I think..but I hate mice, rats and snakes...like in super hate…OK I can do this..I put on a glove…get a plastic bag and …..you guessed it…picked it up for disposal….if it had moved a whisker you would not be reading this….
Later when son woke up and we discussed this…son says …mom did you think about the fact that Ranger(the cat) brought this in for you a Christmas present and he just had not gotten it wrapped yet…

Now at 82 I think that I am growing taller…I had always thought that at 5ft 6 it was pretty ok…however I have found that I have a problem with those chain thingys that hang down from the ceiling fans etc…I either have had to try to stand on tip toes or get the step stool or really stretch and try to grab on and sometimes this causes a couple of things…I might fall but most of the time it causes me to pull the chain out…son says…mom you have a problem with these chain pulls as he replaces them…BUT I have a new ceiling fan in my bedroom and it has a couple of chains..one for light and one to make the fan move…on it being installed I noticed that if I leaned on the bed and really reached I could manage it…however the last several times I have needed to pull…I simply reach up normal and there it was…does anyone know if you grow more as you get older.

Just letting you know that I have had it with “gentle eye doctor”…I am removing the gentle part and simply going to call him “eye doctor” and if some things don’t get better..it may go down to simply “sir”
I realize at 82 body parts just began to wear out and some do not carry a warranty
Well the old bad eye developed an infection or so I thought …red ..sore…and a knot was coming on my eyelid..yup right on that dude…so that meant a  trip to his office…now sitting his chair…he got out the serious lights and looked and said…yes you have a chalazion...if you look it up it is a stopped up oil gland…my version is a “boil on your eye lid”….and the treatment is that it needs to be lanced..like in cut open and drained…like in hurt...like in hurt like h*ll…like in no other kind of treatment…and I looked over at the computer with my record on the screen and it said…she is a cry baby…
So no need to go on with this…I did and he did…and I left with a big white patch…covering my eye...following treatment…getting better..

Coloring is still going good…pictures going out all over everywhere..keeps me busy and always looking for the next person who needs flowers…

Mary my friend across the pasture…the one who has cancer… liked her calendar and we agreed that for the next 12 weeks I would not need to do something creative for her…but she says…save it for something “really big” at the end of that time…well this has set my brain in overdrive…something big…now I went thru my card pile and found some cards that I will mail to her along…but something big…she ends treatment the last part of November. And her surgery has been set for December…but a wonderful little thing came up on my facebook page…POP UP CARDS…I loved the look of them..so shopping for one for her to receive at the end of the next round…and after surgery I plan for a diploma of completion to give to her…whewwwww…..glad that is settled..

For now guess that is just about it from the farm…mom nature has sent rain..and some cooler weather…THANKS MOM!!

Redbird
The word writer Cheesy

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #982 - 10/20/16 at 05:34:54

I am sure that most of you have heard of Dr. Phil…the man who is suppose to be able to fix anything…he says so…and recently he said that he had used 29 million dollars in resources  to help people…now I watch Dr. Phil as sometimes I think I will learn something but lots of times the people just scream and yell and I already know how to do that.  I would like to know if any of you know how to reach him…see we have trauma here at the farm.
Ranger our cat is in trauma…big time…I am not sure how it started or exactly when …it could have been when he discovered that possums had invaded his turf…or it could have been when son picked him up and brought him in the house and he did not want to come as he was mouse watching and he slapped son’s leg several times saying …leave me alone…it could have been when he wanted fried chicken from the deli and I did not have any…it could have been when he wanted to sit in the “watchin chair” and I did not get up so he could have the chair…could be that Pinky the cat next door has a new boyfriend…last night son found him sitting in a yard some distance from the house…now Ranger is old and cranky…like me and he wants his way…so we need to get him back to happy…if any of you know Dr. Phil…please give him a call and tell him that his help is needed here at the farm..I have not seen or heard if he helps cats but Ranger would certainly be a “great first”
Now
We had a little excitement here at the farm…I was watching TV…having a little late afternoon snack…feet propped on the side of the bed…Watching the big TV…
Large mug of coffee in one hand and a cracker in the other when suddenly my coffee missed my mouth and went into my lap…yup the whole mug… hot…now this 82 year old lady shucked those pants faster than a stripper in a night club..
Grabbed a pair of pj pants..RAN to the freezer for those cubes of ice thingys that I keep froze for when I get to hot..and those and I sat in the chair cuddling for about 3 hours..now you may be saying…that is not what you are suppose to do..do not put ice on it….however I did not want it to blister and have to tell doctor…what I did and where he needed to look…so I did ice…I can tell you  now unless I am sitting at a spot that my lap is under the table I use my sippy cup…actually it is one of those glasses that keep things hot or cold and has a very secure lid..my daughter gave it to me..it has a redbird on the side of it so it does not get mixed up with someone elses…
And
I have  given up on mom nature…everywhere you look it seems that she is doing her angry dance…here we have 95 or higher one day and 45 the next…guess this is a year that we just have to go with the flow…hers
And
I do have some important information foryou….
That buffalo you have in the back yard…they cannot see any color but orange so you need to use that orange tape on your fence so they do not try to trample thru it…
And
You need to know that cows can sleep standing up…but they can only dream laying down…
I knew you need this info
Until
Next time please stay well and safe

Redbird
The word writer Cheesy

“Getting old is not for wimps”

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #983 - 11/07/16 at 09:10:39

I HAVE A QUESTION ...PLEASE
I am experiencing a problem..you know I have had eye problems for some time...however this past week after an exam for .....
bleeding eye lids...yes there is such a thing . my eyes looked just like a racoon except instead of black...there was red...it was blood seeping down into my eyes and face from this bleeding
I am reading that this is sometimes can be from a blood disorder..
regular doctor ordering blood test

ANYONE OUT THERE HAVE THIS KIND OF PROBLEM..PLEASE LET ME KNOW

redbird
the word writer who may be in trouble

getting old stinks...

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Reply #984 - 12/12/16 at 19:22:11

I wonder if the cause is heparin or inflammation?  Have you tried increasing mast cell meds to see if that helps?

Joan

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #985 - 12/16/16 at 06:05:05

hey Joan..thanks for the thought..my dr. has run lots of blood test some I have never heard of and they are all normal...someone did write to me and tell me that masto can thin the blood?? bleeding seems to be better so eye dr. says and never has any of the blood been INSIDE of the eye..of course the better or good sight in my left eye is not going to return..and some days vision is stinky...recently tried to eat sweet peas with a fork..you know those little round green peas...well that was something to see..thinking of an invention of a spoon with side boards...you see I have to laugh with things are so bad or I will spend lots and lots of time crying
HOWEVER....my coloring is still on track...anyone need flowers...contact me at
coloring@pldi.net

redbird Cheesy

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #986 - 12/28/16 at 03:31:58

Have you ever been to la-la land???  Sure you have it is that place where you struggle to wake up and the bed is nice and comfortable and you open one eye and look at the clock…and realize that you can lay there for a little longer..so you kinda drift off..your thoughts are not really on anything..you just enjoy la-la land and if you are retired you can linger there longer than some…but then the eye opener shows the clock is ticking and the phone is ringing and the dog is barking and it is time to climb on the bus and travel out of the la-la land…and start your day…knowing that perhaps tomorrow you can travel there again…

Well we have now all been through the holidays..some were great and some sorta ok and some were just some..at our house things were a little different…we decided that food this year would be whatever I fixed that did not cause STRESS to my life and you know it went pretty well…no turkey for the BIG T day…we had ham out of the crock pot..and for Christmas…we had fish and you know we all ate like it was our last meal..and it was good…then we enjoyed a time of visiting …

Think winter has finally arrived…leaves are gone off the trees and cold comes and goes…we had 70 on Christmas day..then a cold came and it got down to 8 with wind chills…I give up on mom nature…I am pretty sure that if she went up to the northern USA she might find it pretty difficult….folks up there are sure p*ssed at her…however here the sun is coming thru the windows today in my room which means that I can sit in my chair and just enjoy the warmth…

You know I talk often about my birds..however I am needing a little help here..now I am sure that you remember the Alfred’s movie…the Birds..remember that and you saw lots and lots of birds sitting on the lines right next to each other..hundreds just waiting for you to come out…well we are having a similar problem..but it is doves..yup dozens flying in and sitting in my trees..I have never seen anything just like it…however looking closer I noticed that they had little scraps of paper in their becks…and looking again I see that they are numbers on the paper showing their place in line for bathing in the water pan sitting on the ground..
Then we are noticing that we have DOZENS of robins..they come in all together like in a flock..guess we could say …we have a flock of robins..now usually we seen them in early spring but only a couple at a time..I wonder if someone has posted something about our Birdville on craig’s list..I am told you can find anything there..
Well guess I could tell you that….I sure am tired of this getting older thing…who knew how worrisome that could be…not me…I spent my earlier life running around doing my thing in the world..whatever it was never thinking that my “old time” would be spent thinking about early times…you learn a lot in “old times” …you learn that some things are not important as you thought..you learn that if you are not careful the new “fast world” will past you by…  so I have started my house walking again..and I hate it… my walker and me are up and down the hall…thru the kitchen and back again…not much to look at there but the dust..and we will not talk about dust as you know how I feel about that..
I talk to people about my age and they are just like me…we talk about the past a lot…lots of that…you remember when you did this…..and the conversation sorta runs out…so don’t have much advice on this…it is what it is…
Wish I could tell you that the eyesight has improved but it just as bad as before…guess it is something that I will try to live with..however I am still coloring and finding more people in pain and I am sending out flowers to lots of them…that is something that being old cannot keep you from doing…

That’s about it from the farm this morning..son is filling up the watering pans while the birds sit on the tree branches watching and checking their number to see who is next…

Redbird
The word writer Cheesy

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #987 - 12/31/16 at 06:07:45

WISH ALL OF YOU A ....HAPPY NEW YEAR...MAY IT BE A GOOD YEAR

redbird
the word writer

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #988 - 01/25/17 at 07:25:49

good to day all….

God bless plumbers…and if you did not hear me let me say it loudly…GOD BLESS  PLUMBERS!!
You know those guys who come after you have poured $$$$$ down the drain believing what the bottle says….USE ME…I will do the job..but DON’T…so finally at your wits end you make that call to the plumbing shop…now Ms. Kate answers the phone and tells me…gee weather has caused so many frozen lines to break…and it is Friday …and I have a list but will put your name on it and we will get there as soon as we can…so I put on my best granny voice and say..but please we have a stopped up sewer..I will try she says…
So next morning EARLY Ms. Kate calls and says..we can send a truck to you right away…YES YES..please do…now get this picture..the temp is 17 and a little windy so don’t know what that makes the cold…but here they are with their little roto-rooter tool ready to go to work and they did and we are good to go…God bless plumbers and Ms. Kate for taking care of us…Ms. Kate is getting colored flowers..

Now here at the farm we are on HIGH ALERT!!...now that is a pretty busy job for us…WATCHING….for some reason the air force base a few hundred miles away from us decided to use our little airport about 10 miles up the road for practice runs..you know take off and landing and touch down..don’t know how we were so lucky to get picked but we did..and they use regular planes and little jets etc…and since the farm is close to airport we can get noise like a lot..so we have been busy watching to see if maybe today is the day..someone misses…there did you hear it..one just came over the house
AND
Then the big announcement on TV that Amazon is going to launch a big blimp in the sky to fill orders from… to make delivery faster..and drones will pick packages up there and off into our skies to get that package to you in PRIME TIME…now you regular amazon customers know about PRIME…for the rest of us it means…fast like next day delivery..or something…
NOW…
Son cleaned the windows in the sun room…not sure it is legally a sun room but it is the room that we use for “watchin” and it has windows all across the back wall..several…this is the most used room in the house..it contains the computer…and the coloring area…and the “watchin” chair..here is where I sit in the sun coming in the windows…sometimes checking my eyes for cracks…which really means that I have my eyes closed sitting in the sun for a little snooze..I also do most of my reading here…so it is a “good place”…
HOWEVER…
Now son cleaned the windows using newspapers instead of paper towels…you know..you have read that household hint..how clean with newspapers and shining they make your windows…well I cannot say for sure this is true but our windows  are so clean I have to wear my sunglasses to look out…I really appreciate him doing that because the “sun room” brings me much pleasure…
NOW …
If you are a person with masto  you understand that we have lots of stuff that  no one including doctors ever heard about…or sometimes the doctor will say..I have heard of this but never seen it…like bleeding eyelids..and there you sit with it happening to you…or maybe they will simply say….maybe your masto caused this…
HOWEVER…

I now have a problem…totally not masto realted and I will tell you that you may have it as well…ok so hold your hand up…palm turned up so that you can see the tips of your fingers…look at your index finger..it could be right hand or left…and see that little  spot on the tip..and it get kinda sore sometimes…well I know for sure this is caused from turning that little wheel on your computer mouse..yup sure is…it took me a little time to figure it out..after much lotion and other stuff..I suddenly realized…goodness..but it did make me feel good to know that masto was not the cause
WELL…
Winter has finally come to the farm..and some of our days have been in the 60s and some of them down in the low low..20 or below..and those days I do spend some time in La La land..you know we talked about that place..it is between really asleep and thinking about getting up..usually I lay in this place thinking of my day..and if you are old and retired..this sometimes is necessary because you might not know exactly what day it is..so you just think about it for awhile..and then you think..is there something special I need to do today..is this grocery shopping day..and what is coming on TV..any ballgames..so you just spend time thinking about it all…then you finally make that decision..I will get up and face the day..covers back..trying to open the eyes..and you slip into the necessary place that contains the throne..you know that big white thing..and suddenly you sit on that cold seat and that opens your eyes wide open..yup that toilet seat is an “cold eye opener”…
AND,,
I cannot close this without giving you a Mary report..you know “that lives across the pasture” who has finally almost finished her cancer treatment..she has done so good…and she is getting a little hair growth and trying to put mascara on the little bit of eye lashes that are coming in…I am so thankful that she has been blessed…we talk almost every day..mostly about nothing..but I am glad that she is still here…
ONE LAST THING…
It is a question for you…you know we have all talked about dusting and how we hate it…but could you tell me….WHERE DOES THE DUST GO WHEN YOU DUST AND IT APPEARS TO BE GONE..let me know

Redbird
The word writer Cheesy

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #989 - 04/18/17 at 07:11:55

HEY THERE…
So here we are…you and me and the world…what a mess…I don’t usually talk about politics…BUT I just cannot figure all of this out..a recent story in regard to some college…the students said they were so stressed out they could not study BECAUSE THERE WAS WEIGHTING SCALES IN SOME OF THE DORMS AND CLASSES …don’t remember the name but it was back east somewhere.  Son and I decided since stress was a big thing for me…we just tore of a sheet of toilet paper and placed it over the little window..works for us..
Now
Just so you know I had my birthday last week  GOLLY GEE I AM 83..so am now on the road to 84..I have been certified as old…see just a few days ago I went to town with my shirt buttoned wrong…not a big deal you say…now for those of you who live in a large city and you may never see those people in the store again… it’s no big thing but for me who lives in just a small town..one red light and one grocery store the results is…did you see redbird..her shirt was all wrong she must be losing it…and that talk will continue for some time…so it is important where I live that you are all together when you go to the store… and hair combed and that no bra thing will just not work either..
Another thing
Son cooked my birthday lunch..we had fish and chips and daughter came with her new dog Kevin who is a loving person..really enjoyed the day…I bought myself a birthday present…FRESH STRAWBERRIES AND LITTLE DEBBIE OATMEAL COOKIES I had them the whole week..for breakfast and snack and just whenever..
Now…
Just a cooking note for you…I have cooked lots in my life but recently either saw a video clip or something about bacon..you know that thing we all love so much…BACON..ok so this told about BAKING BACON….now I watched this lady who of course did it perfect…so now I am thinking..my big oven is broken but I have one of those little ones that sit on the counter…I bake cakes in it and muffins and just anything that big one does…so thinking I got out my little pan and put a rack in it and put that bacon on it and popped it right into the oven..at 400..lady did not say that..I made that up…now I am watching carefully..as it cooked right along..now if you worry about popping you could lay a small sheet of foil on the top..I did…and finally it was done…beautiful..now folks I have cooked bacon in the skillet and micro but never again..I will do BAKING BACON…I just cannot tell you how great it is..
Now
Another thing I learned is that I have been slicing ham the wrong way for years and years..see after you get it cooked lay it with the flat side down..and start slicing from the ends…and golly …that is all the cooking tips I have for you today.
Now…
I wish I could tell you that my vision is improving but not…left eye just barely there but the right is still good…so my coloring goes on and flowers going out to people everywhere..son went thru the house and cleaned and changed light bulbs in all the lights and that has helped some..my bathroom is so bright YOU would have to wear sunglasses …but will continue my coloring and have almost gone to “large print books” for reading
Another thing…
Mary my friend across the pasture has now finished “cancer treatments”  she got a grade of A and I fixed her a diploma ….it says…Mary  has kicked cancer’s ass…she is one brave lady…
Now
The farm is in a terrible mess…we have new tenants…and there is just lots of fussing and …you cannot talk to my girlfriend …I saw her first..you get the idea..and we have a lone old cranky bossy crow who comes and sits in the yard and caws until you just want to …well you know…he tries to run off the others and he and the squirrels have had several stand-offs..I say he he is just a bossy old crow and son says I don’t understand…he is trying to lure a lady crow but I say who would want him..hope that gets settled soon..
One new tenant is a rabbit..son says he is a cotton tail but  I cannot see him well enough to know however I have named him Jack and he does not seem to be in a hurry to leave..will offer him a reduced rent..then we now have a or should say 3 roadrunners  a big one and a couple of smaller younger ones…now listen folks these are “tough hombres” anyone much less a bird that eats snakes..like rattlesnakes and bad lizards is not one to fool around with..you should read about them..from my watchin chair..I saw the papa one jump up on the bird bath and then to the top of the bird area and hid in the branches…and yes he caught something..I am trying to make myself believe that it was a mouse..but sadly I am not sure..we may have to have one of those “come to Jesus” talks… recently at the feed store to purchase bird seed son said there was a book by the register…how to attrach birds to your yard $12.95…well we have the answer that I will share for zero..zip dollars…it is W-A-T-E-R….we have several water dishes out and it brings birds more than you could want..
WELL…
I wrote to my favorite author John Hart...as he has been very quiet..I reminded him that at 83 he needed to get moving on his next book..so that I would be around to read it..his answer was…Joyce I am writing a book…title will be The Hush….but not out until next  march..gosh that is a long time..maybe if he would stop all this running around signing books it would happen sooner..

We could talk a long time about mom nature and the weather..I have just decided to keep my thoughts to myself..as they are not nice and she seems to want us to know she is in control and will change her mind whenever..

Redbird
The word writer Cheesy

Getting old is not for wimps

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 
Send Topic Print