Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 
Send Topic Print
redbird's blog and stories (Read 251242 times)
redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: redbird's blog and stories
Reply #960 - 08/09/15 at 06:35:55

well Ms. Deb a couple of things here...
when new computer ..or new to me...the tech said...see this little window down at the bottom of the screen  DO NOT CLICK ON IT...it is for windows 10 which you do not want...
now my old brain is thinking...so why did you put it there..
now the other thing...
it is nice of you to say that I might have an interesting book
however it would have to have a WARNING PAGE stating you are entering at your own risk...no periods, capitol letters are allowed...just words  Grin

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #961 - 11/01/15 at 06:53:52

HEY----WHATCHA BEEN DOING……
I have been on a low road….it’s pretty crowded  with lots of bumps…pot holes…and road rage…lots of people passing me on to a better road of feelings…and lots of other goodies that are promised just down the road..I seem to have lost my way…my enthusiasm my everything…I even checked Craig’s list for anything that might help…BUT…..

Now I usually have little notes scattered all around the house of little things I wanted to talk to you about so I gathered them all up…and here we go….
I think you will agree with me that mother nature has blown her “good will” all around the world..think she is on everyone’s stink page..I am wondering if she has become a “public company” that now has lots of franchise and that is not working…first I just thought she had her zip codes mixed up but now I just think she may be out of control…does anyone know the weather police phone number..

Now my gentle eye doctor and I are seeing each other..I would not call it exactly …dating…however he insist that I come by his office once a month so that he can perform his …stick a needle in your eye” treatment…and since he tells me how necessary it is..and hoping for maybe 60 percent vision back in the old left eye..I show up…he should know that he is really getting on my very last nerve…like in really…
And
You must have noticed how prices of EVERYTHING has gone up and up…how about eggs..who knew we needed to raise chickens at the farm…well let me tell you this story I saw on TV a few weeks ago and I swear it is true because you could see it on one of those surveillance cameras like in the store…
Well this man came into the store..and you can see him plain as day…he went over and got a dozen eggs and then told the clerk..give me your money..the clerk did and the man walked out with money and A DOZEN EGGS… makes one wonder…
And
My computer…like in my new one got sick..and I called Mr. John at the shop and he said…bring that ..dude in…and I did and Mr. John says…no big deal…no charge..computer home…nice man Mr. John..
And
Son and I went to wally world recently…he went in to shop for something and came out with a large box of the new kind of light blubs..88 cents a box of four…but the important part was…it only cost 1.08 to use these 3 hrs a day for a year…so if my bill is over 2.29 a month I am going to speak to someone…
And
Have you ever wondered why you itch in those “unmentionable places” more than in the “mentionable places”just wonder…
And
If you are a reader of long time ….you know we have had feral cats for several years..sometimes as many as 18 but they come and go…until last year we were down to 3…Tubby and Chubby who were marked the same and we called them…”the twins” …and Ranger who mostly raised them as their mom was a “cat around town”..she did not stay home much…now all three of these cats almost became “house cats”…but they were all tom cats so there was some pretty heavy disagreements  going on sometimes…they were fat and pretty and healthy boys..but one day suddenly we had no Chubby…son drove the nearby streets but no sight of him…THEN several weeks later…no Tubby….I am thinking that Ranger said to them….OUT….I was really sad…in fact I might have shed a tear or two…however on the way to town a couple of weeks ago…son said I am going to take you by to see where Tubby is now living..I saw him a few days ago…and there he was..still fat and healthy and shining laying on a big nice cushion under a carport about 12 blocks away from our house…I was so glad to see him…then the next time we went by there was a man sitting out with him and I wanted to stop and talk to him but son did not want me to…I cried..I was so sad…but it made me feel good to see him there but we are hoping that Chubby found a good place too….
And
We haven’t talked much about the farm lately…but the season change has finally come to the farm…I sat in my “watching chair” at the crows taking turns  bathing in the large water bowl…they were very polite…did not hurry anyone
And
I watched them sitting up in the trees…they were watching Snarky the squirrel who brought a guest to gather pecans…now they were two busy squirrels…burying pecan for their winter….BUT as soon as they left the crows flew down to the ground and dug up the pecans and flew off with their “shopping bags” full
And
The holidays are coming..time to start thinking about Thanksgiving meals and Christmas shopping..
And
Guess what…I am going to get on facebook…I know most of you have a page…but at almost 82 I had just not thought I needed to…BUT it seems that everyone else is there and if I want everybody’s news I have to ask daughter and niece what is going on…so WATCH FOR ME….as soon as daughter comes down she is going to get me on…now some of you are saying…it’s so easy…well not for me…but hoping to be there soon…
And
I have missed all of you…hope to hear from you soon…

Redbird
The word writer

“getting old is not for wimps”

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #962 - 01/16/16 at 01:30:43

Hello Redbird!! Like you, I have been quiet for months. My kids are teenagers, though, and apparently that means that we are super busy all the time. So, it's been nice.

As usual, I just love your writing. Do you know what it reminds me of? It reminds me of the novel, Winesburg, Ohio by Sherwood Anderson, that I studied when I did my Master's degree in English when I was younger. Have you read that? It's a book that is just about a slice of life in a small town. If I remembered correctly, I seemed to enjoy it and not detest it as much as the other works of literature that I had to read for my degree. Haa. One may wonder why I did a Bachelor's and Master's in English (literature based) if I disliked so many of the works that I had to read. Well, quite simply, I was good at both analyzing and writing about the various novels. By the time I began my Doctorate degree, though, I realized that when I read Shakespeare, I did not have that disdain and distaste of what I was reading! So, surprise, surprise, but I switched my focus from Amercian literature to English Renaissance Literature so that I could immerse myself in Shakespeare. However, I still remember that little novel, Winesburg, Ohio, with fondness. I will say, though, that although your journals here remind me of that novel...YOURS are much superior in my opinion. Perhaps those American Lit students should be studying the writings of Redbird to really experience the slice of life from you!  Smiley

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #963 - 02/25/16 at 03:08:23

If you are down and out…like no  road out or exit signs..go to youtube and listen to The Voice winner this year Jordan Smith sing….Somebody to love…I am so waiting for his CD to come out wherever or whatever it is….

It has been sometime since we have talked…we all spend Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Years without speaking…I am hoping that you had a great time during the holidays..guess what I got for Christmas..BACON….NOW  I know that some of you are laughing but it was just the perfect gift for me..along with some of that sausage..and chicken..lots and lots..I am enjoying it very much..it came from daughter who knows my likes well..
Oh and I have to tell you this story about daughter..now you know what an animal lover she is..she volunteers a couple of days a week at a vets office in the city where she lives..and I must tell you she loves it..so we get to hear some stories about different kinds of pets that people bring in for care..the one that sticks in my mind the most is…this older couple brought in their pet chicken for treatment…there was a problem with his foot..now the chicken was named …BIG RED…and of course the vet made it well again..I thought that was so neat…

Earlier in the year I had contacted the FBI about putting Mother Nature on their most wanted list..she seemed to be out of control and making trouble everywhere…well they called me to let me know they had removed her from that position and replaced her with “EL Nino”….however they do think that perhaps they are related..could be her cousin or nephew or something..I am hoping they put a stop to it’s action quickly…this is not the season for all the storms…here we have 80 degrees one day..the next wind in the range of 50 per ..and the next day snow…I personally think they need to do an audit of the books and manuels etc…to see who and what someone has managed to mess up..

Well if you have followed my stories thru the years you know that we have had feral cats for a longgggg time..the old tin barn that has stood on the farm for as many years as I have been here…38 years and even before that has seem to have become a haven for them…we have seen them come and go…little one and big ones…and yes we fed them…could not stand to see them starve..and during that period of time as I have told you some have become tame and loving..
Now Ranger the warrior cat has raised and trained many of them for living in the real world..the last couple was my favorite…they looked like twins..and we called them Tubby and Chubby..we watched as he took them out for tree climbing lessons..and over the fence for hunting..and finally one day they were gone…now Tubby is home down the street and it looks like a good place..we past it often and he is seen on his chair and in the window…I am happy for him but I miss him
Recently a new little kitty came it is so pretty and since we do not know …he or she…I named it…”little bit” …Now Ranger the warrior cat SORTA …watched out for it..one day I noticed Ranger in his favorite spot chair on the porch ...laying for a nap and little bit was laying on top of him…as I watched little bit as most kids do started wiggling around and Ranger reached up and swatted him with his paw…be still…little bit has grown more now and wanders off for a few days..but does come back thru..
Now you must understand that Ranger is the total boss of this household…sometimes he goes on a trip for a couple of days and we worry about him..as he is getting older and battered from his battles with the other outdoor whatevers…he does not need to speak..if he wants the chair you are sitting in he simply stands in front of you and opens up his eyes big as if to say…time for you to get up as I want that chair…and we do..
Now from the “watching chair” I have seen Snarky the squirrel shopping for groceries…the pecan tree just outside the window …lost it’s leaves but some of the little pecans remained on the limbs…so when Snarky needs to shop he runs up the tree and out on a limb to pick one for eating..reminds me of shopping at the store…going down the aisles for picking up supplies and tossing them in your basket

And Ms Kelly the state paper’s big person sent me a lovely Thunder schedule for this year season..I posted it right on the fridge where I can see who is coming and where we are going…this year I am in a kinda funk…the team is going thru lots of changes and are having a problem ..but I will not give up on them..GO THUNDER…

On a personal level…gentle eye doctor and I are dating again…we had not seen each other for a couple of months..but my visit to his office…showed that again that stupid swelling was back and vision was really down and we would start the treatment….stick that needle in your eye….choices are not good…no treatment..no vision…I did tell him that he was almost off my favorite doctor list..
and
I finally have joined the world on facebook…now I am still trying to figure it all out..daughter got my page started and niece Lisa has helped with a problem as well… for the current time  if you drop by you won’t see much…I don’t know how to post pictures…maybe next time daughter comes I can get her to take a picture of the …old tin barn…and post it…

Well that is it for this time…hope you did not get bored…with all this stuff…

Redbird
The word writer Cheesy

Getting old is not for wimps

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #964 - 03/14/16 at 04:45:16

As you know for several years …the farm…has been the site of lots of feral cats…the old tin barn housed many litters and watching them grow and leave has been an education …so I am writing this with much sorrow…in regard to the last resident Ranger the Warrior cat

well this afternoon after six days of no sign of Ranger cat...son came to me and said MOM I don't want to panic you or make you ill but I don't feel that Ranger is  coming back...he has never been gone this long and even when he could not walk on his leg he made it home...so something really bad has happened...and I agreed...
son said he thought he had seen him a couple of days ago…he had gone out to look for him… but now he said that it just could not have been him...and maybe he did that so that I would not be upset...I had been to the windows and front door many times in the last few days...looked in Ranger's front porch favorite chair...and all day today I just had that gut feeling....he isn't coming home...son spent many nights waiting for him to come in so that he could feed him and let him sit in his lap for awhile...for a good scratching...
so in each of our minds we were writing his obit...
he was a good cat and truly a warrior...he had come thru many battles with whatever...but he had made it....he had raised and trained several kittens and was a mother to some of them when their mom wanted to be a “cat around town”

so Son put up all his dishes and water bowl...telling me...now the next time daughter comes she needs to take this food to the clinic it should not go to waste...
so that was that...

I was watching the Thunder ballgame and son was on the computer...when he yelled at me....you are not going to believe who is here...and there sat Ranger in the back yard mewing...loudly...
so son goes to let him in and he would not come in...continued to mew...Now we think he was calling ...little bit the kitten who has been here...finally Son went out and picked him up and brought him in...
while Son was fixing him a meal...I was talking to him asking him where he had been and he let me pet him while he waited..
now he had not one sign of any kind of trauma...he was not skin and bones...he just looked normal...Sam said he must have been shut up somewhere and could not get out but I thought no six days without food...he would be very thin...
so Ranger the Warrior cat sat in Sam's lap for a good scratching...but insisted on going back out and sitting in the yard mewing again thinking he is looking for little bit
Ranger was here and we cancelled the obit..

Redbird
The word writer Cheesy

Getting old is not for wimps

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #965 - 03/25/16 at 07:32:23

Well………………….
if you are reading my stuff for the first time you will know right away I am not an author…authors use capitol letters, commas and periods…so you need to know that I am a word writer and I just write words and they fall wherever they fall and that is it…
and if you see hummm it means I am thinking..

now that we have that all out of the way…boy do we have lots to talk about…first I will let you know if I am taken away to  somewhere dark and dreary place it is because that I  simple refuse to change my clock this time around…son has changed most of them in the house but mine I am not..so son has to see that his time is used when I must be somewhere..

and another thing…I love to play games on the computer I will start playing a series of a game and will sit for hours…and the damn computer will say…awesome job..great job..when you have not made a move…hummmm says I this is not a good plan…playing these games is great for the brain but sure not for the butt…hummm so I thought I really need to get out of this chair and walk around more..you know the stuff..legs are stiff and back sorta wants to act up….hummm so I came up with a plan…sure did…I am going to make myself walk more..ok so I am so afraid of falling so that lets the back yard out..the mole has done a number on it with his tunnel…and falling into a tunnel is not for me so hummm I will walk in the house..now here is the scene..my kitchen floor is tile..which goes into the dining room which goes to the hall which goes to the front door…got it??  So I get out my trusty walker…it is the Cadillac of walkers…when I was in Ok City hospital they gave it to me…it is bright blue..with chrome spoke wheels..and has a seat and basket for the carry of something…now here is what I am going to do and I have started the plan..I start in the kitchen..into the dining room ..down the hall..to the front door and then start all over again..I am up to 20 times…man I am proud of my self..son says I need to slow down in the hall as I almost ran over him..
and then I am hummm again…now I have seen and read on the net plus the good old TV on the med health section that adults are now coloring…there are special books for them and it is suppose to help with stress…been thinking about this as I could sit at the bar and color away…I can just see son’s face now..and I wonder if I colored daughter a picture if she would hang it on her fridge like I use to do hers…

now my favorite person at the library has retired…she always kept me on the list for the coming in books that I wanted to read..and listened to my stupid stories and laughed and we talked about getting old and what we were going to do with our stuff as no one else wants it..and I would send her funny little jokes and just stuff like that..however the head lady there wrote me a note and ask me to put her in the lady's place on my list…she wanted to get my emails and especially my funny jokes…hummm wonder if she understands her offer…we will see…
and
now at our house we cook..like cook however on the day once a week when we go to the library we stop by the deli for fried chicken for lunch..now this is one of my favorite and Ranger the Warrior cat likes it as well…you know if you have never had wild cats you should get some…they will so teach you lots of things..when Ranger is angry at you he will sit with his back to you…I am allowed to talk to him and feed him if son is not available..and if you put him something down that he  does not like…he will sit and stare at you until you get it right..but for the fried chicken it is a winner…is it good for him..who knows..
well….
My eye doctor and I are dating again…we meet once a month in his office..we skipped a couple of months but that did not work out..the old eye..really went back to basic of bad..not good..cannot see much out of it…and lots of other things..so treatment is started again..”stick a needle in your eye”…I am trying really hard to be thankful about this…but it is not working..on my part…now they have official entered into my records there at my request…that I am a big cry baby…
And
Sitting in my watching chair I have noticed that Snarky the squirrel and his friend have been in the back yard digging up all the buried pecans…they have so much energy…running around and up the tree and down..you know if I thought those pecans would give me that kind of energy I would be out there digging them up for eating as well.
and
my aunt had a birthday this past week…she is 97 And herdaughter told me they are planning a really big party when she becomes that 100 and you know I really think she will make it…
And
My birthday is coming really quick now…I will have made the year to 82…HURRAH…now as some of you know..some days are really hard but I keep trying hard to find a little humor in something

Redbird
The word writer

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #966 - 03/28/16 at 06:09:45

a note from my local library person

Ban Pre Shredded Cheese.  Make America Grate Again!

Grin  Grin  Grin

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #967 - 04/06/16 at 02:18:52

HURRAH HURRAH HURRAH
I AM 82 TODAY

TOMORROW I WILL START THE TRIP TO 83

redbird
the word writer Cheesy

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Reply #968 - 04/06/16 at 19:38:09

Congratulations Redbird!  So glad you were born!  Hope it was a happy, low symptom day!

Joan

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #969 - 04/08/16 at 06:35:09

Well I did it…I just finished my two birthdays..my regular birthday and my government one..I am now officially 82 and on the road to 83…I am hoping that it smooths out some.

Now my walking is doing well…I told you about my route in the house as I am afraid of falling in the yard..so I am now up to 10 minutes..and for me that is good..I just have one slight problem…you see my loop takes me thru the kitchen…and sitting on the kitchen counter was a bowl of orange slices…which I do like..so every time I came thru the kitchen they called my name…so I just ate them…problem solved…now daughter said that I needed them for fuel…and I liked that..

I really thought that winter had come and gone…lawn is green and my honeysuckle has two blooms on it …birds are building nest…carrying twigs and strings and anything they could find..trees have green leafs coming out…however as I watched Snarky the squirrel and his family came…now Snarky has a wife and a teen age son..or so it looks…BUT I noticed that Snarky  was burying pecans…hummm says I wonder what is up with that…and as I watched he dug a hole around the base of the tree…just outside the “watchin window” and after he got down a little bit he got in the hole and wallowed around…hummm says I again..and suddenly the thought came to me..Snarky must have joined a dumbday prepper group and that is why he is burying pecans and  when he is down in the hole he is putting on his camouflaging suit…. Now son soon straighten me out with…mom he is putting on his flea and tick stuff…and I thought maybe winter was just not over….so guess you can take which ever of this stories and think about it…
AND
My humming birds are back…they flew right up to the window wanting to know where the groceries were…so I in a hurry got out the feeders and son got them up…well at least that worked.
AND
Other useful info you need to know…son was watching the medical tv channel and he said…so they said that if you are an allergy suffer person you should not make your bed…it hold stuff in when it is made…now I don’t exactly have allergies but am thinking …not making the bed is ok with me …I seldom do that anyway..but my reason has been that I might want to get in it…
AND
I got color books and coloring pens for my birthday…and I have started a picture but I am wondering if someone will laugh when they see my out of lines mess..you know it is hard to have a firm hand when you are old…it kinda looks like a first grader…will let you know how that goes.
AND
Ranger the warrior cat has been gone now starting the 8th day…I am worried and afraid
AND
The eye doctor and I meet next week..darn it
AND
Some one gave us some …blue cornmeal…now I have looked for a recipe for cornbread with this stuff …..have some of you  tried  one and it worked…please let me know…I have looked at some but they just don’t seem right..
Another problem I would like some help with…laughter…where does it come from and why do people have different kinds…this recently came to my attention..as I was watching the new tv show …little big shots…and found myself laughing so hard that I nearly fell out of my chair…thoughts anyone..
AND
Last but not least…from my library person..

Ban Pre shredded cheese. Make America grate again!

Redbird
The word writer Cheesy

IP Logged

CindyP
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #970 - 04/08/16 at 09:18:56

Hello Redbird,

I enjoyed reading your post today.  It was a lovely diversion from filtering through medical issues.

I heard the same anti-bed making report.  I like that idea, too!

I'm a Southern gal and I love my corn bread. But I've never tried Blue Corn Bread.  (I used to be quite the 'foodie' before I became intolerant to some many things.)  I've read that blue corn has a higher protein content than yellow corn, so that will change how your bread turns out.  One recipe suggested using cake flour rather than all purpose.  Maybe try that?

I loved your question about laughter.  My favorite sound is hearing my kids laughing together.  I think a person's personality has a lot to do with how they laugh.  Introverts often are the quiet, snickering laughers, whereas extroverts are the hearty, belly-laughers.  

Thanks for the much needed and entertaining diversion!

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #971 - 05/01/16 at 06:30:31

THANK YOU CINDY FOR DROPPING BY with your comment...I always love to hear from anyone out there...
redbird

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #972 - 05/01/16 at 06:36:31

THE WORD WRITER WRITES AND WHINES……

WELL TALK ABOUT CRAZY STUFF…after storms and hail and tornados this morning the heater popped on at 45 degrees and the north wind is blowing at a healthy clip…so go figure…

After 18 ½ days Ranger the warrior cat finally came home…we gave up and we had worn holes in the rugs checking the doors and windows for signs of him..then suddenly there he was in the window…not sure what secret mission he was on but it was a long one… we were really glad to see him..we had given up and had started to give away his food to daughter to take to the vet clinic where she volunteers some.  Now we did not want that to go to waste as Ranger likes that expensive cat food..if you get some on sale he will turn his back to it…and of course then on Wednesday when we go to the library he gets his homeland deli fried chicken…WHICH HE LOVES….he has stuck pretty close to home since coming back…UNTIL….we noticed a mean looking tom in the yard and a dainty lady cat…his turf was invaded..so he had to straighten that out…outside to sniff and mark his territory again..and I am hoping that you remember that Ranger is a wild cat…

Birdville is all abuzz… the tree that shelters their spot has leafed out…it’s that time of the year..apartments are going at a fast rate…and lots of those love/hate fusses..twigs being gathered and lots of courting going on…watched a dove do his mating dance and song…that was something to see ..not sure it impressed the lady but it was fun to watch..of course we have lots of sparrows but saw a new one..best I could tell it had some blue on it and according to my bird book..it may have been some kind of white crown sparrow..Snarky the squirrel comes by often to see what is happening and next time we are at the feed store will get him a small bag of corn…just because I like to watch him…

Now for the whining part…you don’t have to feel sorry for me ….but you can if you want…I am sharing this with you as a reminder of how important it is to be prepared for that nasty masto attack that is going to slip right up on you and slap you down…like in down..
For those of you who might not know…masto for me means anaphylaxis…plan and simple…lots of you have tons of other things like food etc that causes you to get in trouble but not for me…I am one of the few I have ever found that ….my masto causes me to have a major anaphylaxis attack and have to be use my epi at home and be rushed to ER for more treatments…
I have not had one of these attacks for a very very long time…maybe a couple of years…lots of getting old complaints but not these…but about 3 weeks ago when I got up in the morning..there they were just under the radar…so I took myself to a chair…breathed deep and coughed..and some Benadryl sitting quietly..and they would finally past around noon..the afternoons were ok…but a week ago they were not ok…I had to make that blasted trip to the ER…two blessing for me…I HAD ALL MY MEDS …NEEDED TREATMENT FROM MY DOCTOR..CURRENT MEDS AND OTHER INFO THEY NEEDED IN A PLASTIC BAG ALL TOGETHER.  The other blessing was that the doctor on call had seen me many times thru the years and knew what was going on…but the not blessing was…..after they got me under control I had two more in the ER….but I made it thru…
Now this caused me great concern…and lots of thinking…foods no different..but ahhhhhhh STRESS had become a big part of my life…now you remember me telling you about this &^%$ eye thing…shots in the eye each month…could this be it…stress for me is a big thing…so what to do…a visit to regular doctor and a round of presidone calmed down the situation…but I need to do my part….
So I decided  that for now…I will not have my eye shot…I am visiting my gentle eye doctor to consult with him explain my situation and ask for advice or not…losing vision in my eye…
Another thing I visited with my regular doctor asking her why this was occurring in the mornings..she could not answer that so my masto friend Olive and I talked about my evening histamine blocker which is Zyzal…was it not lasting thru the night..I could not find a time status for length but moved that med to my bedside and last thing before lights out..I take it…will see if that is help…
Then my friend Larry sends encouragement telling me that my “funny” is not lost…just hiding out…that was good to know…
THEN… Olive and my niece Lisa sent me color books for my birthday…I am now sitting in my “watchin chair” with my special music on and Ranger sometimes sitting by me in his chair and I color..calm..calm…calm…I cannot tell you how much I love love love this…who knew this could be so much fun…a little eye sight problem with seeing so am looking to get some sharpie coloring pens for the brightest…and I am so surprised at the things that are out for this healing..so I would just say to you…try it to see if it helps you…beats that ER visit…
I do have one other stress that currently is pressing..my grandson is a trauma unit with a very serious brain injury..I would appreciate any special words that you might say for him…

So if I have said anything here that might help you…good….it is important to have everything together in a known place for treatment..

Redbird
The word writer  Cheesy

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #973 - 06/24/16 at 02:54:54

Well here I am this morning…but something is bad wrong…I have lost my “funny”…now my friend Larry told me that I would find it again but Larry I have looked everywhere for it…I am telling you it is gone.  I have looked under the bed and only dust and that shoe that was missing…checked out the closet and see cobwebs …so as you see nothing going on here but the heat…mom nature took us from nice cool weather straight into the summer blast….I gently pat my air conditioner each morning thanking it for the cool it gives us..

You know I have often told you about my good friend Mary who …”lives across the pasture”… we are strange neighbors…I can see her house really good  but there is about a block of empty nothing between us….and if I went to visit I could not climb her steps to the door…so son and I keep a watch on their house for any strange activities…as it is a good view from the sun room where my watching chair sits and the computer. I get to watch Ron her husband put up his Christmas decorations and they call us to check out the latest addition ..and we get out the big glasses to check them out …when Mary does not close the garage door on time we call with a reminder…we call each other often…since Mary is out and around more...she loves to shop...I have told you about that..so she calls me with the latest “small town gossip”…and if I see something interesting or a good book I am reading …I let her know….I love to tell Mary funny stories as I like to hear her giggle…sorta of a high note going into a full laugh...I enjoy her a lot and glad that she is my friend

Now Mary is one of those “cleaning people”…you know the kind that her house is spotless…she even irons…I have fussed at her so much for using that word “ironing” that now she calls it “pressing”...she loves to decorate for whatever holiday or season is coming…and she is a creature of habit…THURSDAY is her grocery day and not much gets in it’s place...she is has taught me a lot about shopping at Wally world…as you can see I like Mary…she is one good lady…

Mary has cancer…you know that nasty word…she just recently found a lump in her breast…and when they did that body scan thing…three more spots under her arm...yeah all cancer...I am crushed…she called me with the news that she was going to see this specialist…and she was sounding so up...however she right away started going thru her house and getting out all of those things that we often talked about…”what will happen to our stuff” when we are gone…that was the first clue that she knew how serious things could be…

What to do…ok so I can be there for her when and if she wants to talk…BUT after her doctor meeting and the plan they have laid out for her treatment I knew she was one BRAVE lady…the plan sounded past really bad to me…6 months of chemo treatment before surgery…oh goodness…

So fast forward to the present…now as you know I have been coloring for some time..I will tell you more about that later...I think it has saved my life…but sitting with Mary on my mind and coloring I decided that I would sent Mary flowers to arrive just after her first treatment that was last Friday...over the weekend her son came to be with her for her first treatment..
Now I decided that I would color Mary flowers…and I did…I told her that real flowers would wilt and fade away but these would last for awhile until she got tired of looking at them…I dropped them in the mail and she called me right away on arrival…she was laughing...and she said….you do not know how much this meant to me as I have had a sh**ty day…I have put them on the fridge so that I can look at them…

Now I plan to do other little things that might make her laugh…already she is beginning to lose her taste..her coffee does not taste right..now that is really cruel to take away the taste of coffee…so I will be on the lookout for something funny to send to her along…
Now if you are in the need of flowers because life is just plain a “pain in the a**”  let me know and I will hustle you up some coloring flowers.

Redbird
The word writer  Cheesy

IP Logged

CindyP
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #974 - 06/24/16 at 04:12:36

What a lovely friendship you and Mary have, redbird.  You found your funny just in time for your dear friend.  

Warm wishes for you both....
Cindy

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 
Send Topic Print