Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  We've upgraded to YaBB 2!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How do you like the forum? (Read 7974 times)
DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
How do you like the forum?
01/24/11 at 14:04:39

Tonight we added our blinking red buttons to signify new posts! (Okay, small things thrill me, I guess. LOL)

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

In2butterflyz
Tutor

Re: How do you like the forum?
Reply #1 - 01/24/11 at 14:15:49

That was the first thing I noticed when I logged in tonight!  Its more eye catching than the clear blinking light  

Good Change Smiley

IP Logged

Starflower
FORUM ADVISOR

Not a medical doctor
Indiana
Reply #2 - 01/24/11 at 16:09:59

I like it too!  The blue blinking lights were too subtle... I do a lot of looking/posting when I'm tired Wink

Heather

We're all in this thing together
Walkin' the line between faith and fear
This life don't last forever
When you cry I taste the salt in your tears
(Old Crow Medicine Show)

IP Logged

ruth
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - 01/24/11 at 17:07:34

I think it is fabulous, and I am still discovering and figuring it out, but mostly very thankful to you Deborah, Lisa and Ramona,  for all the work you have put in over the years building this forum and supporting the people here, but especially right now with all the time it must be taking to switch over to the new forum. You have built up a caring community, and as I read through old posts it is astounding the difference this forum has made for so many people.  Thank you! Cool

IP Logged

Kim
Guiding Light

Rapid City SD
Reply #4 - 01/24/11 at 17:43:40

I LOVE the flashing red light!!!!!  It helps me know where I have been and the new and latest territory that I need to explore.  THANK YOU!

Kim

IP Logged

missybean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!
Washington
Reply #5 - 01/25/11 at 05:33:47

Love this! I love the flashing bulb, the spellcheck, that you can be notified when people reply to your post. Awesome job!
Melissa

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Reply #6 - 01/26/11 at 08:59:30

I may be the only one who isn't fond of the flashing lights. Is there a way I can make them steady lights on my screen?  My little nervous system is pretty sensitive right now!

What would be really useful would be to somehow have the posts I haven't read highlighted when I sign in.  Is that possible?  I seem to spend a lot of time looking at posts I've already seen.

Joan

IP Logged

ruth
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #7 - 01/26/11 at 11:01:23

I do miss the view marker from the old forum, which shows you which ones in a thread you have read to, and the new ones below that mark. I don't know if there is any way to achieve something like that with this forum.  

I do like the blue line that I can hover over and the last menu appears in red, so I can back track to where I was to find the next new post in a topic.

And the smileys are wonderful
especially this one! Cheesy

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Reply #8 - 01/26/11 at 11:36:25

In the bottom left hand corner where the statistics are, you will see the words, "VIEW THE 10 MOST RECENT POSTS OF THIS FORUM"

if you run your cursor over that and click on it you will see what were the last 10 posts.   There is a way to increase the number of posts seen, but I personally don't know how to do this.  Perhaps Debbie does.

This is how I know what was recently posted.  Albeit, it's not as good as the one we have on the lefora site, but, it's better than nothing.  The thing is, we are all going to have things we preferred from the other, but remember, chance is always hard to adjust to.  Yet, at least we don't need to worry about this site crashing or the mess it was trying to get online!  perhaps it wasn't a problem for you all, but I was having serious issues.  Perhaps the drums weren't reaching here to Brazil! haha! Grin

Don´t forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

ruth
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #9 - 01/26/11 at 14:43:03

Thanks Lisa, I hadn't discovered that yet, it helps, although still not quite the same as the view marker. But I'm certainly not complaining, the change is for the best, and I'm just glad you were prepared to put in the huge effort it is to move the forum, to preserve the valuable contributions from the old one, and to maintain the support in the process.  This forum is something of a lifeline to many, especially for those of us new to this and so in need of information and encouragement. Can't be thankful enough   Smiley

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #10 - 01/26/11 at 15:34:40

Yes, I can increase the number of recent posts!

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print