Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Visit YaBB today Wink
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How was your weekend? Symptom free or sympton full? (Read 4419 times)
DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
How was your weekend? Symptom free or sympton full?
01/04/11 at 14:32:08

(Archived from original forum)
Hi there. Anyone out there? LOL. So, my weekend was a whirlwind every moment of each day. Uugh. That is never good for me. Not that I get super sick, but I will feel unwell, itchy, get the flushed face...you know how it is. I sat outside at my little boy's soccer games on Saturday from 9:30am to 2:30pm in nearly 90 degrees temps! Happy to say, though, that most of the time it felt almost chilly because we had these crazy hurricane effect winds that were sweeping up through the midwest from Hurricane Ike in Texas.(I am in Indianapolis.) We lucked out with no rain (that showed up today), but the winds were strong! One of my tricks for me being able to endure these soccer games is that my husband bought me the best portable canvas chair (like everyone has), except that mine has a sun canopy that really shades me! Isn't that terrific? Everyone at the games always asks me where I got it, so that they can go get one. (Got it at Target, by the way.)

So, after hours of soccer (by the end, the winds has stopped and I was getting HOT, which is my worst trigger), I had to race home to get my daughter and take her to a birthday party that I stayed with her at until 5:30pm! So, you would think that once I got home I could finally rest...but no.. the kids needed me every 30 seconds after I sat down for the next 2 hours. (Where was hubby? I honestly don't remember! LOL. I think I sent him on errands or something....) Today I had to work 4 hours and then take my daughter to the cheer gym for her practice for the next 3 hrs (I always stay and watch, as she is only 9 -- too young for me to drop and leave.)

So, now it is nearly 10 pm, and I am finally getting to rest. Can you believe that was my weekend? Fun...but full of my triggers! It's good that I am so healthy for having IA, huh?

Okay, so...how was your weekend?

14 September 2008 08:53 PM

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Re: How was your weekend? Symptom free or sympton full?
Reply #1 - 01/04/11 at 14:35:35

(Archived from annalynne - original forum)
Your post brings back lots of memories... running from soccer field to soccer field, to dance , to baseball, etc... I miss those days... I never felt well either, but better then than now. Nice your hubby is so supportive and helpful!

I'm not doing well at all. Almost fell down the stairs today, more than once, and am wondering what the next step will be for me to prevent such a thing.I'm pictureing a chair lift!!! ;o)

I do think the prednisone I've been taking is making things much worse, and I hope when i can stop, I'll feel a bit better.
My best momets are always when I have my little grandson with me, Teddy. he's 4. I have him often. He's easy, doesn't require a lot fo me when its just the 2 of us. He gets wild when my mother had him, he's very patient and quiet with me, we have fun doing simple things.

It's kind of hard for me emotionally, being out and about with my quad cane.. I have a different self concept now... frail.. wobbly... but I persist in trying to live life and not give in. learning to know the difference between acceptance and giving in... not giving up... just wanting to accept and be realistic, and not deny anymore what I can do, and that I wonlt likely be getting any better than this.

But i did get out to my mothers church fair today. I thought when i got the cane pople would realize i need a little more space, but really, they step on it. and fight to get around me in a hurry to be the first in line or to get to the yard sale items!!! Kids nearly knock me down, sometimes I gently speak to them to teach them to respect when someone has a cane they might need a little room... they usually listen, intertested to learn... and want to know why I have it.

So I had fun bringing Teddy, but needed help with what used to be simple things, like getting something to eat.. carrying food, and a cane and holding his hand... well Deb, as a mom, you know what it's like to need more than 2 hands!!

I just don't know when the spiral down will stop. I don't mean to be negative, I am trying to accept what I need to, and fight for what I should still fight for, but not use my energies fighting for things that aren't going to come to be anymore.

The rest of the weekend was spent just not feeling well, having had mor prednisone for a tooth extracton. I've been amazed at how I feel, and my vision being so awful.. but glad to have found the information that leads me to believe it's the prednisone, because if it is, then I have hope that it isn't a further exacerbation of illness, but rather, something that will subside when I'm off the prednisone!

Ups... and downs... all around... just like all the rest of life... for everyone.

I have trouble sleeping.. probably again the prednisone... so I'm here babbling... when I am foggy and/or tired, I babble on terribly... does this happen to you too? or is it a me thing?

Glad to see so many have already joined!!! its going to be a great forum!
Blessings!
Lynne

15 September 2008 12:40 AM

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Re: How was your weekend? Symptom free or sympton full?
Reply #2 - 01/04/11 at 14:37:12

(Archived from original forum)
Hi Lynne,

So, have you talked to your doctor about getting off the prednisone, and how quickly can that happen? I know that feels infuriating to not be able to do all the things, even simple things, that you want to. I don't know about you, but when I don't feel well, my whole attitude changes and I feel pretty much incapable of anything. Then once I am back to feeling okay, everything is good again. Uugh. Hopefully, you are feeling better today after a night's sleep (or not sleep, depending if that pred kept you up, huh?)

Have you seen and been treated by any of the masto docs? I am all about switching docs if you are not getting the results that you want.

September 2008 06:52 AM

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print