Send Topic Print
Medical Bracelets (Read 21961 times)
Starflower
FORUM ADVISOR

Not a medical doctor
Indiana
Re: Medical Bracelets
Reply #15 - 01/30/12 at 05:23:55

Did you get one of those velcro bracelets?  I have one (pink) from Lauren's Hope.  It's comfortable to wear, but unfortunately even permanent marker doesn't last very long for me on the plastic insert... less than two weeks.  My metal bracelet, on the other hand, is pretty comfortable, can go into the shower and the pool (I've done it many times), and the letters never fade because they're engraved.  Now the velcro bracelet just sits in my closet.  It's cute... it just didn't work as well as I expected.

Heather

ps - Good for you, though, for getting a bracelet!  That's a big step... and it's very important for your personal safety.

We're all in this thing together
Walkin' the line between faith and fear
This life don't last forever
When you cry I taste the salt in your tears
(Old Crow Medicine Show)

IP Logged

Enko
Guiding Light

Reply #16 - 01/30/12 at 07:08:13

I usually take mine off when I'm going to the shower, but when I'll get "all" of my diagnoses I'll get it all printed on smaller paper and plasticized. That way it will last Smiley That velcro bracelets are really confy Smiley

This ones are made by Roadid and are really great, I'll get one somewhere in the future: http://www.roadid.com/Catalog.aspx?C=RoadID
Slim ones are cool, you can change the band easily and it comes in variety of colors Smiley

你会说汉语吗?

IP Logged

iamnotalone
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #17 - 01/31/12 at 06:09:14

Ladies;
There was an article in our local Sunday paper (from the Chicago Tribune) all about medical bracelets & new manufacturers/styles. They vary widely in price, and there are at least 5 websites listed. Everything from beaded bracelets to watches. If anyone would like these websites, let me know. I'll be checking them out myself. I've seen the "typical styles" and am not impressed with the prices for how they look. Sad
The Spots are ugly enough to be stuck wearing ! Angry
lori

IP Logged

Enko
Guiding Light

Reply #18 - 01/31/12 at 09:18:38

Hey Lori! It would be great if you could post the links!

你会说汉语吗?

IP Logged

iamnotalone
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #19 - 01/31/12 at 16:21:02

Hey Enko;
Here are those sites; I will list (according to prices shown in the article) from lowest to highest:
www.hopepaige.com
www.laurenshope.com
www.stickyj.com
www.medicalert.com
www.medicalfashions.com
Some of these have numbers/codes to 24hr. services that have your personal info on file for emergency personnel to contact for more critical situations such as advance directives, but cost an extra fee. Some are simple beads, or swarovski crystals,etc...
lori

IP Logged

Enko
Guiding Light

Reply #20 - 03/02/12 at 07:48:47

Thanks hon :*

你会说汉语吗?

IP Logged

vicmjones
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #21 - 10/21/12 at 15:05:01

I just ordered mine per my doctor and already feel like I won't wear it. The Mastocytosis Society said to put "Anaphylaxsis!" on it and I took that literally and put the exclamation point on there. Now I feel like that was a way over board and I don't want to wear it. I haven't even had to use my Epi pen once.  I think I just wasted $45.  Embarrassed

IP Logged

PamH
Mentor

Indianapolis, IN USA
Reply #22 - 10/22/12 at 04:13:30

Vivmjones,
Hey look at it this way, that $45.00 could save your life! If you have lived with mast cell disorder for very long you know how unpredictable it can be and if not- you will figure out how unpredictable it can be. Either way the braclet has your back.  Be sure to wear it and wear it on your left arm(EMTs check your pulse on your left arm)  After awhile you forget about it.  I never take mine off so I don't have to remember to put it back on!
Remember, it will talk for you when you can't!
Pam

Pam

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #23 - 10/22/12 at 04:52:14

I wear a pendant that says....

Mastocytosis
 subject to
Anaphylaxis
treat with EPI
papers in purse

the letters are printed in red on the back of the medical alert logo

it is not expensive ...the chain is not good but I replaced it with a gold chain.
and I always carry my treatment papers in a plastic big in my purse

redbird

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print