Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Visit YaBB today Wink
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Masto doctors in Europe (Read 3191 times)
Riverwn
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

Gainesville, Florida
Masto doctors in Europe
01/01/11 at 10:15:00

(Archived from thomas - original forum)
thomas
Hi,

I am from Sweden and there seem to be a lot of ignorance regarding non-typical manifestations of the disease here. If it is not cutaneous, and your BMB is negative it is not possible that you have it seems to be the general idea here. My mother has been very ill for decades and one doctor actually strongly believed in mastocytosis 15 years ago. But the BMB was negative so any further investigation were dropped and she was left on her own. Now, in recent years, when I have developed symptoms similar to hers I finally was able to put things together. The doctors are currently looking into the matter again, but they seem to be so incredibly slow both in terms of waiting time and in suggesting strategies. I am therefore interested in finding top doctors in europe where you can pay (its government funded in Sweden, that's why it's so slow) and get a full work up with intelligent suggestions in a very short time. Has anybody heard of any european doctor or in which country one is likely to find one?

/T
09 May 2010 06:57 AM

~~~Count  Your Blessings!~~~

IP Logged

Riverwn
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

Gainesville, Florida
Re: Masto doctors in Europe
Reply #1 - 01/01/11 at 10:17:31

(Archived from deborahw - original forum)
deborahw

Hi Thomas, and welcome to the forum! Wow, you are from Sweden! I love that our forum is finding people from all over the world!

So the Swedish doctors don't believe in MCAD (also known as IA)? Then I guess they would say that it is all in my imagination when I end up in the hospital from it, eh? wink Oh, yes, the ignorance is appalling and certainly doesn't help those of us suffering from this.

On Monday I am happy to email Dr. Cem Akin in Boston for you asking for a recommendation of good European doctors.(Dr. Akin is world renowned and actually if from Turkey. He goes to Europe once or twice a year to meet with other mast cell researchers, so he will have some names for you.)

In the meantime, thanks for joining us and enjoy the forum!
09 May 2010 07:17 AM

IP Logged

Riverwn
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

Gainesville, Florida
Reply #2 - 01/01/11 at 10:19:45

(Archived from lisathuler - original forum)
lisathuler

YES!!  Thomas, you can write to Dr. Luis Escribano.  You can also write to Dr. Vargas.  There are a NUMBER of masto experts in Europe and even several up there in Oslo.   I can't recall exactly who they are, but if you get onto the Mastozytose German site they can give to you the names of the doctors there.    For my money I'd go to Dr. Escribano for he's very connected with how the US doctors are also working and therefore more open to the MCAS diagnosis.   Yet, I have a feeling that the MCAS that the WHO consensus is meeting about this September is going to change the viewpoints of the European doctors.  Here's the Mastozytose site address.

http://www.mastozytose.de/lay/forum-fs-reg.html

Here is Dr. Escribano's email address:

lescribanom@sescam.jccm.es

I think you'll find help through them.  Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Lisa
10 May 2010 07:33 AM

IP Logged

Riverwn
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

Gainesville, Florida
Reply #3 - 01/01/11 at 10:21:17

(Archived from thomas - original forum)
thomas

Thanks a million everybody. I will do some research now. Of course I will let you all know how everything is progressing for us. I am totally convinced that our lives will improve immensely soon....

/T
10 May 2010 09:17 AM

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print