me

~~~Count  Your Blessings!~~~

IP Logged

foxsh
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Disability
Reply #47 - 04/25/11 at 06:22:51

I was looking at some of the posts about social security disability. Someone mentioned that masto is on a "blue list". I have been turned down for disability and working on the appeal. What is it listed as on the blue list? What category is it under?

IP Logged

Riverwn
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

Gainesville, Florida
Reply #48 - 05/02/11 at 09:17:37

Ive never seen the "bluebook list" Ive only heard of it. I do know however that Social Security does take Mastocytosis seriously, I got my SSI in 4 months , no lawyer and then got SSD in the 5th month and Medicaid.

OK if youve already been turned down. you might need a lawyer Hon and I have one for you that specializes in Masto cases, never lost one. He will come to where you are, you dont have to travel to him. His name is;

Berry & Associates
2751 Buford Highway NE, Suite 400
Atlanta, Georgia 30324 (DeKalb Fulton Cos.)
Phone
(866) 986-9015

Whichever way you choose to go, good luck and let me know if I can help!
Hugs
Ramona

~~~Count  Your Blessings!~~~

IP Logged

nikweth
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #49 - 06/20/15 at 08:08:41

So I started with another flare in March after an ear infection and it is still hanging with me. The older I get, the longer the recovery period. I've Ben off work for a solid month with a few more days off here and their. I'm about 60% better but as soon as I get wore out which is daily, symptoms flare. They are mostly active in the afternoon. I have an awesome allergist that I really appreciate. She speaks with dr. Aiken when she is stumped. I'm not improving like a normally do and some days find it a struggle just to get through. I will be going back to work Monday because my allergist stated that since I'm not getting worse right now, she cannot continue to keep me off. It doesn't look like she is doing her job helping me progress. People seriously don't get this crap. How can one get disability if the doc primarily caring for them doesn't want to look bad. She said if I need more time off, I would have to for thru my primary physician. Except I never see my primary. lost!!!

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #50 - 06/22/15 at 09:23:20

Unfortunately, it looks as if you have no choice but to start seeing your primary doctor. If you don't care for that one, perhaps look for an internal medicine doctor as opposed to a general practitioner and just find that personality person who seems to care enough to actually listen to you. So often it seems harder and harder to find just that type of doc!

I definitely feel for you!

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print